Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How do i get rid of windows 7 and reinstall xp

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
May 27, 2010 11:23:37 PM

How do I unistall windows 7 so I can reinstall windows xp. I have both cd's.

More about : rid windows reinstall

a b $ Windows 7
May 27, 2010 11:52:01 PM

skshess1 said:
How do I unistall windows 7 so I can reinstall windows xp. I have both cd's.


What has been said on the subject by others is that windows allows you to go forward, but never back. Many have said that once 7 is installed on a drive, XP cannot be installed afterwords. Experience has dictated that this is probably true.
However, that does not stop you from installing a new unused hard drive and doing a fresh install of XP on it. The question remains as to whether the system bios will allow it, but I think you may have a good chance of success.
I have seen others try this without replacing the hard drive and it did not work.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2010 12:08:56 AM

skshess1 said:
How do I unistall windows 7 so I can reinstall windows xp. I have both cd's.


Windows 7 does not require uninstallation as you suggest. Reformat the hard drive with the XP installation disk and install XP as you would normally. Don't be confused by the nOObs posting what amounts to drivvle on this forum.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2010 12:12:34 AM

soundguruman said:
What has been said on the subject by others is that windows allows you to go forward, but never back. Many have said that once 7 is installed on a drive, XP cannot be installed afterwords. Experience has dictated that this is probably true.
However, that does not stop you from installing a new unused hard drive and doing a fresh install of XP on it. The question remains as to whether the system bios will allow it, but I think you may have a good chance of success.
I have seen others try this without replacing the hard drive and it did not work.


LMAO. What is this drivvle? :lol: 
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2010 12:15:59 AM

If your just doing a clean install, badge is correct. Just run the XP cd and it will give you options to format the drive. Just do that and install.

I have no clue what soundguruman is talking about and I don't think he does either. Of course you can install XP after 7. And there will be no problem with the bios.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2010 12:54:41 AM

mmmm, well, the people I know of who tried it so far...
XP formats and installs normally, until it gets to the very end. Just before windows XP starts, the system locks up. That is what has been reported many times so far.
Interesting to see what happens this time.
I can certainly understand why a person would rather use XP instead of windows 7. At least the motivation to replace 7 is in the right place. But WILL it work??? mmmm.... :sleep: 
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2010 1:07:11 AM

Soundgurman your comments on this forum are FUD more than help. It is a waste of forum members time to read your posts. Trying to figure out what your talking about and what relevance your stories contain is the case in most instances. Laughable doesn't begin to describe your response to OP in this thread. To say you are a skid mark in society's collective underwear is putting your presence here on this forum lightly. Troubleshooting the installation of Windows XP onto a hard drive with Windows 7 already installed in the manner in which you stated borders on you not knowing the difference between reality and fantasy.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2010 2:51:50 AM

soundguruman said:

I can certainly understand why a person would rather use XP instead of windows 7. At least the motivation to replace 7 is in the right place. But WILL it work??? mmmm.... :sleep: 


Yes. Of course it will.

I have yet to see a skilled person have this problem. People making Newbie mistakes and blaming the hardware.
m
0
l
!