CPU fan direction?

cowboi123

Distinguished
May 8, 2008
I am planning to get a ThermalRight Ultra 120 cpu Cooler. I am planning to use a 'push and pull' fan setup. What is a 'push and pull' setup? How do i install it on to the Thermalright ultra?? And if i us a 'push and pull' fan setup, do i have to remove the exhaust case fan or can i leave it there....Thanks

Eggrenade

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
^ It's absolutely not necessary. The case fan will just take the hot air from the TRUE and get it out of the case. That is good.

If it's perpendicular, however, you should just rotate the cooler so that it is parallel.

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
To make sure that back case fan that's parallel with the TRUE really helps, do the following:

Run Prime95 small FFT's for about 30mins. This ensures that the temps are stable. Then turn off the back fan and watch the temps (assumption) rise. :sol:

All your fans in your flow plan should flow the same direction, which is typically from the front of the case, to the rear of the case. In the case of the CPU fan, it should follow the same principle.

The front fan of the CPU cooler should push air in (AKA the PUSH part), while the 2nd fan pulls air away from the CPU cooler (AKA the PULL part). Then, the case fan will simply pull that warmer air from inside the case and "exhaust" it out the rear.

TRENDING THREADS