UT3 and Gears of War

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Because those games have fps capped Maz :D There's a command for you to input in the console that allows more than 62fps, not that it's going to help anyway... so I wouldn't really worry about it.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
You need to go into the .ini files under your "my games" folder, which is default to my documents and then go to ureal tournament 3\UTGame\Config. In that folder there will be a file named UTEngine. Open it with notepad or some other type of editor and scroll down to [Engine.GameEngine] and change this command bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE to bSmoothFrameRate=FALSE

It should look like this:

[Engine.GameEngine]
bSmoothFrameRate=FALSE
MinSmoothedFrameRate=22.000000
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=62.000000
Etc...

I believe this is how you allow the frames to be uncapped. Even though this may not allow the game to run smoother the extra FPS will in a sense load itself to be ready to be sent to the server thus creating less lag. I didnt really phrase this correct, but less lag overall is the effect non the less.

This is how it is done for UT3. I do not have Gears, but I would assume it is done in a similar way. Hope this helps!

Best,

3Ball

Thanx alot mates :) so its the game itself.
well if it wont make the performance better, then i wont change it in the .ini file
they run very smooth @ 62 FPS and i dont have problems with them, i wanted to know what why its locked @ 62 and u 2 answered :)
thanx again

Solitaire

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2007
You're getting 62FPS in UT3 and you're UPSET?! :pt1cable:

Most people would be overjoyed to get anywhere near that... All I can say is that I wish I had a PC that good! :lol: