shows conectivity using cable modem,cant or wont acess internet says unable
May 28, 2010 9:00:44 AM

How do you know its a virus?
m
l
May 28, 2010 11:55:54 AM

budncigs said:
shows conectivity using cable modem,cant or wont acess internet says unable

Best you use the computer from which you're posting to download something strong like MalwareBytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org. Pop it on a flash drive or memory stick and install it into the infected system. If it's prevented from being installed, rename the main executable file from MBAM to Fred or something similar to fool the malware that's blocking it. During the installation you'll be prompted top update. You won't be able to of course but as soon as you've installed it, run the Quick Scan then use the Show Results and Remove Selected buttons to clear the nasty stuff out.

Restart the computer and run the Full Scan then do the same. After the next restart, you should be able to go online so click on MBAM's Logs tab and copy and paste both logs back here.

m
l
Related resources
May 28, 2010 11:59:28 AM

I'm guessing it is.Talked to a phone tech a little b4 they wanted some money lol.said my IE was corrupt from a infected file.tried sfc/scan now but Idon't have a service pack disc.might try kaspersky rescue disc but not sure how to download the file and then find the program to burn it
m
l
May 28, 2010 12:06:40 PM

budncigs said:
I'm guessing it is.Talked to a phone tech a little b4 they wanted some money lol.said my IE was corrupt from a infected file.tried sfc/scan now but Idon't have a service pack disc.might try kaspersky rescue disc but not sure how to download the file and then find the program to burn it

ImgBurn will do the trick and it's free to download from http://www.imgburn.com. They are probably right on this occasion but don't trust phone techs who want to take remote control over your computer unless you've been recommended by someone who's used them before.
m
l
May 28, 2010 12:16:27 PM

As Saga Lout said, use Malwarebytes to clean up any malware. It's best to do the scans in safe mode with networking.

Once that's done, use ccleaner's registry tool to scan/repair the registry.

That may or may not take care of the problem, but it's a good place to start.
m
l
May 29, 2010 11:59:48 PM

If you have an extra machine, you can place the hard drive in the other machine and scan it from there. Thats the best way to deal with a root kit if that should turn out to be your problem.

The Kasperski rescue disk should work also. Kasperski is a top anti-malware product.
m
l
May 30, 2010 6:31:20 AM

FALC0N said:
The Kasperski rescue disk should work also. Kasperski is a top anti-malware product.

[#0005ff]Agreed, Falcon - their TDSSKiller is a must have at the moment and, unlike GMER, doesn't make any changes unless it actually finds anything.[/#000ff]
m
l
!