It takes over 2 minutes for me to open up the display properties ssection, due t

G

I went into control panels and selected DISPLAY and then i select DESKTOP. When selecting DESKTOP in Display Properties it's takes 3 mins to load up when it should pop up in seconds. It also states when loading (not responding) but that section then opens up after a few minutes.
The littel window in the left bottom hand corner of the display properties windows in the desktop section should only have a few images in it as for backgrounds to use for the Laptop or PC screen. But mine is full of my personal photos for some sort reason as backgrounds.
I want to clean up the background box but how do i do that??
I am confused and frustrated with that because that is the cause of the long waiting time for the display properties window to open when i want to use a personal photo as a background for my wallpaper.

I went into control panels and selected DISPLAY and then i select DESKTOP. When selecting DESKTOP in Display Properties it's takes 3 mins to load up when it should pop up in seconds. It also states when loading (not responding) but that section then opens up after a few minutes.
The littel window in the left bottom hand corner of the display properties windows in the desktop section should only have a few images in it as for backgrounds to use for the Laptop or PC screen. But mine is full of my personal photos for some sort reason as backgrounds.
I want to clean up the background box but how do i do that??
I am confused and frustrated with that because that is the cause of the long waiting time for the display properties window to open when i want to use a personal photo as a background for my wallpaper.

You have too many applications running, or you do not have enough RAM memory installed, this bogs the system down to a crawl. This happens frequently with systems that are running excessive un-needed software
click my computer
click control panel
click add remove programs
what programs are on the list? List them here.

Click my computer
click control panel
click system
How much RAM memory is the display showing? List that here.
If the display shows less than 1 GB, you are lacking enough RAM to run XP effectively.