How to make my hard drive show in My Computer?

I just bought a western digital caviar black 1tb hard drive, I wanted to use this hard drive as a secondary hard drive to backup all my files. I currently have a 320gb hard drive as primary which is where the OS is Installed. (Win Vista Ultimate 32bit)

I plugged the 1tb hard drive in my computer and i checked Bios and is detected also in disk management is detected, but it just doesn't show in my computer, it only shows drive C: which is my 320gb disk.

I already formatted the disk but still doesn't show, do i forcefully have to partition the 1tb disk? I really want to keep it in one partition Not divided.

How can i make it show in My Computer? It must be a way, Please.
6 answers Last reply
More about make hard drive show computer
  1. Yeh, you can make one partition the full size of the drive in Disk Manager.
  2. try formating the new hard drive with a sofware, such as, partition magic, also be sure to make it slave
  3. mhm. just go to Windows Disk Management and use that. I actually just had this problem today. :)
  4. Winly said:
    try formating the new hard drive with a sofware, such as, partition magic, also be sure to make it slave

This is a SATA 1tb hard drive they don't have jumpers, or is there a way to make a SATA Slave?
  5. the drive probably just isn't formatted. format it and you'll be good to go.
  6. No, SATA don't work as primary and slave.

Just go to disk management, format the drive, and use it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Computer Storage