Is everybody finished?

scylla

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
After waiting a month, the prices of the newest vid cards are still either overpriced or out of stock!

It seems everybody is getting their mommy to buy them more than one so they can crossfire or sli.

There needs to be a place where only working men are allowed to buy parts, that way the price gouging and short stock will end for those who know the value of a dollar.

B.T.W. ..... Crossfire and sli do not give any REAL performance gains yet.....you fools!

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
This is a mature forum so you need to find out how to make an intelligent thread that doesn't make you look like a fool, just a suggestion. :) This is no way to start a new year, is it? Its time to be mature and I know you have it in you so DELETE THIS THREAD.

4745454b

Titan
No real performance gains? Having their mommy buy one? Is everyone finished doing what? Buying things that make their gaming experience better? Probably not.

To the mods, do we have a forum where people can go whine? I'm not sure the video card forum is appropriate.

scylla

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
No, I won't delete my thread.

But I will submit my apology.

I shouldn't have called those who cf or sli "fools". They are either real thinkers who are on the leading edge of technology or consumer saps playing into the hands of the devious Corporate America.

Either way, I give up. No more chasing the latest and greatest for me. You guys can have my allotted purchase from these money grubbing swine.

goodbye and go to hell

tlmck

Distinguished

Don't know what forums you frequent, but on Tom's forums in general, for every mature person there are at least a dozen overcaffeinated teenagers, and/or drunk college students at any given time.

As a mid 40's, mature person, I can sypathize with the OP. There are way to many overeager buyers out there. This tends to keep the prices inflated, and the quality and innovation low. This is true of most tech nowadays, not just video cards.

To the OP: As a fellow "working man", I learned many years ago that the bleeding edge is generally not worth the extra dollars. It is best to wait at least 6-12 months. Let the overeager take the price hit and debug everything. Heck, I waited 2 years for the last batch of games. Got COD2 and HL2, and a few others for $9.99 ea. Will probably do the same for COD4 and Crysis, both of which run reasonably well on my lowly 7600gt. purchased for $80 about 8 months ago.

I'm betting that you buy your cars used too? Lol! I totally understand the OP concern, but I'm not going to buy an inflated card anytime soon. I'll wait until the summer and get a 3870 then, if I have the $ to get it. It'll probably be under $200 and will be under the MSRP, because something else will trump it.

pfftttt no one cares what you say bro, take it elsewhere.

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006

I know this to be true so thats why I payed $576 AMIR for a mature 8800GTX because it had been out for about a year and most of the driver bugs had been worked out. I have a high-end graphics card that has not given me any problems of any kind, it does what it was designed to do. I have been rewarded with a highly overclockable cool running 8800GTX that idles at 50C and at full loads at 68C with the OC in my sig using the stock cooler. :D

tlmck

Distinguished

I buy my cars new, but I drive them until the engine falls out! :lol:

I am waiting for this one to get to ~$100. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125084

4745454b

Titan
Thank you systemlord, I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who thought that way...

To the OP, if you really feel that way, good riddance. I'm glad I only had to read 2 of your 6 posts. This is an intelligent forum, posting unintelligent rants can lead to trouble.

Tlmck, while I'm not one of the two types of people you listed, I do consider myself a mature person. The OP might have had some good points, but he forgot a few things. First, these cards are all new, and it looks like AMD and Nvidia simply can't crank them out fast enough. From what I've read on the net, they seem to be making as many as they can, but they are all sold out. What this means is that the demand is high, while the supply hasn't caught up. It doesn't mean people's mommies are buying them, or everyone is buying two of them. (odd that some people can buy two, while the poor OP can't even seem to get one...) To whine or b!tch about this isn't going to help.