EVGA 780i Alternative

stevenafc

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
I would like an alternative to the EVGA 780i.

I ordered the EVGA 780i 2 weeks ago, and there is still none in stock (in the UK) and it doesnt look like its coming anytime soon to any vendor, and my vendor is unable to get a date from their suppliers.

I was looking at the ASUS Striker II 780i board, but when I googled it people were saying the EVGA is alot better (and has a nicer bios), and that the ASUS is a POS.

Could anyone confirm deny, or give me a board that is equal to, or hopefully better than the EVGA 780i, ive got all my parts here and they need a mother :(.

tizz

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
id say wait for the EVGA 780i personaly.

Im doing a sli build atm, went with the evga 680i , ddr2 etc, couldnt stretch geting 4gig of fast ram on ddr3 or the 780i bord, but if i could ... ita be the EVGA 780i, but yeah ive not seen them in stock atm :(

stevenafc

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
Thanks for the reply, it does seem everyone likes the EVGA board far more than the others, im just so fed up with waiting, last night for example I plugged the power supply into the optical drive to see if i could make it open... I couldnt. Im so bored with waiting, ive got it all ready to go in except for the mobo! The part I hate is having no idea when the board is going to be available.

tizz

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
lmao thats ace, i can imagine u siting there on teh floor all sad face with the parts laid out lol.

yeah i cant help you either, i no on hexus they have store forum sections, like scan and komplatt are on there, ive askd them questions before and got fast feedback so they may be able to shed some delivery dates for ya

PlasticSashimi

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
I was in your position about 3 weeks ago....didn't want to spend the extra cash on the 780i because anyone that had it in stock was adding $100+ to the retail.

Any particular reason you want it over a 680i? Tri-SLI? Possible official support for new CPUs?

You might want to consider that the 680i boards pretty much sukked when they came out...only now after many bios updates and newer GPU drivers have things settled down.

Do you know if anyone is having any problems with the 780i chipset?