Berne

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
Hello, Hi, I cannot get by the popup error whilst trying to install MSOFFICE 2007 via disc or from desktop? All forum advice yeilds same result...MSOFFICE has enountered an error during setup and needs to close.

What packs must be installed ..I have SP3 for XP ....and Explorer 8 ? Its a newly built computer but all drivers and security is uptodate? The install disc has been cleaned and did work on my old pc?

All good advice welcome,

Turn off the current security and then try to install it. After installing, turn the security back on. To install office 2007, there must be an active internet connection. A lot of times your anti virus software will prevent new applications from being installed.
If that does not work, turn off the windows fire wall or the security system firewall, install the software, turn the fire wall back on. A lot of times a fire wall will prevent applications from being installed.
Sometimes in XP you have to install applications this way:
click my computer
click control panel
click add remove programs
click add new programs, on the left side of the window
click CD or Floppy bar
Install the CD in the drive and click next
follow through with the directions, install, restart computer

If that still does not work, let the forum know and we will provide further suggestions.

mibix19

Distinguished
Office 2007 can be a rascal to install. Try copying the files from your disc onto a folder on the hard drive . From there run the setup.exe from within the folder