Closed

Handspring Visor and XP drivers?

April 13, 2004 10:59:09 AM

My very precious Handspring Visor Prism doesn't seem to synch with any
reliability with my very precious brand new indidually built system.

Asus board, Intel P 4, 3.2, 800 side bus with hyperthreading and 1 gig
of RAM. Running Windows XP Prof SP1 and Office XP in some newer unclear
version...

The very act of synching is done with a prayer because very often, it
leads to the BSOD and the statment that palmusbd.sys did something it
shouldn't have, or didn't do something it should have :-)

Although it's erratic, it gets better and worse with certain software.
For example, after using Wordsmith very happily with my last two
computers, I downloaded and purchased the latest version.

No sooner did I install, than the blue screen started appearing.

Unable to believe this, I Goggled and found some people suggesting newer
drivers from the 4.1 version. I installed these drivers and things
seemed ok until I reinstalled Wordsmith - crashed again.

Now I'm on a trial version of the Data Viz Standard Edition (thought I'd
keep it simple) and we'll see.

It's very hard to pin down because it is erratic and because the palmusb
driver are always the culprit. But they are used all the time, so it
can't really be them? Can it?

Any ideas greatly appreciated

TIA

Louise
May 7, 2011 8:44:53 PM

so its 2011 have you found a driver or is the one i bought yours lol
May 9, 2011 10:16:37 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!