Just a spinoff. When are the names going to change?

IM0001

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
I was thinking the other day. When are we going to leave this # naming race and have a new name for todays graphics cards? We have had Geforce and Radeon for forever it seams. Before that we had the Voodoo, Banshee, Rage, TNT, Riva, Rush, Viper, etc.

You think they could have continued and changed the names back with the Geforce 3 since we moved past T&L which was the previous big thing, to the introduction of shaders.

Not like its really a bad thing, but I do remember when graphics cards were simpler. At the time they did much less but now with the introduction of Physics being a possible player, I think it would be refreshing to get a whole new name for the next gen graphics cards.

Just my .02 for the day.

The new NuclearvideoprocessingdevicewithcomplexcalculationsofaphysicsnatureOMFGitsbetterthenbatmansupermanandspidermanandtheincrediblehulkcombined

Or it could just be bitchinfast3d. someone will post the picture

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
nuke, lol, good one. hell, i'll shell out my 500$ for that high end nuclearvid....card ;) can it run crysis in max settings at 60 fps? :D it'll go great with my pentium 2 233mhz :]

hairycat101

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2007

I love the bitchinfast3d. That picture makes me laugh every time I see it. I have it at home. If no one esle here posts it, I will look later on. Might be tomorrow, though, before I get to post it.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007

Figure i'd save you the work...
is this the one?