Where the bottleneck?

deadcells

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
hello people...

like the rest of the world i'm trying to play Crysis at the moment. i know this game is way too advanced for my PC but i refuse to accept that i can't even play it at 1024x768 with everything on medium detail, AA turned off and no vertical sync.

I'm using the following:

MoBo: Gigabyte GA 945-PL S3
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 661 (3.6ghz overclocked to 3.9ghz)
RAM: 2GB Kingston DDR2 533 (4-4-4-12)
Graphics Card: ASUS Geforce 8800GTX (overclocked to core 621/ mem 1003/ shader 1454)

I'm running win XP with the latest drivers from Nvidia and i've made sure nothing else is running in the background.

Still... i'm only getting about 30 - 35 fps. Now at 1280x1024 i would actually expect that sort of frame rate given the outdated single core processor (although i've read that crysis does not make use of multiple cores) but at such a low res i would expect a lot more.... or am i just mistaken. I know crysis has taken gaming to the next level but come on... gimme a break. I know the MoBo is not great either... but how much difference can that make.

Anyway... i just wanted to find out if there's something i'm doing wrong... is there a bottleneck? something i'm missing or am i doomed to watch from the sidelines as everyone else enjoys the game.

Thanx.