Do I need better fans for this case?

nzxtlexa

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2007
Well it says on the specs page that the case comes with 1 front 120mm and 2 rear 120mm fans which isn't bad at all. I'm not really sure of the quality of them but I can't see them being too incredible and from the review by a customer on the link you gave me, he didn't see very happy with them.

I wouldn't really buy any until you get the case because I don't really know where you would put any others without modding.

If you get the case and aren't happy with the quality of the fans then I can recommend SilenX fans as being the best. They are quite expensive but give the best noise:performance ratio at the moment.

As for the fan controller I have never used one and don't really see the need for one. I just plug mine into the PSU or motherboard and just leave them to run full. I'm not too bothered about the noise as I would rather have a cooler case. (plus as I said they aren't very loud anyway) If you prefer to have control over them and are worried about noise, then it may be worth looking into one.

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
Xilence are more affordable fans for most people. About normal fan price but 68CFM 20DBA, not bad at all.

Come in different LED colours too :D