Vinny1783

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2006
Currently looking at getting a new cooler for my cpu, lower temps=good...Anyways, I am having problems deciding on which ones, I have considered the Scythe Infinity, but its too big(Heigth), same with the Xigmatek 1283, not really interested in a TRUE, not enough to for lapping, or lack of knowledge, I know there are guides;) I know a good budget priced cooler is the AC Freezer Pro 7, not really interested in a Zalman. I have about 160mm clearance for the HS, but I dont want the darn thing pushing on the side lol, and the Xigmatek would have eliminated RAM slots:(. Ideas?

bobbknight

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
This is where you want to do your research, with all coolers look for the term Thermal Resistance, often measured in C/Watt the lower the number the better it is a removing heat.

Example:
Thermal Resistance: 0.17°C/Watt this is the heat removal ability of a HSF that retails for $32 the Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7.
Overall Dimensions: 107 x 96.5 x 126.5 mm are it's size.

A word on Newegg the price of this HSF changes often, with shipping being either free or $7

Vinny1783

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2006
@Skittle, bc of the way I would have to mount it, it would be blocking 1 of my RAM slots. +1 for measuring, thanks for all the replies guys, AC Freezer it is!