Just sent out 8800GTS for step-up

Right now I am suffering with a 256 MB 8500GT, waiting for the G92 GTS to come. Is there anything I should know about the G92 GTS concerning installation, drivers, or tweaking prior to using it?
9 answers Last reply
More about just 8800gts step
  1. Yea, just keep it locked up at night, the 8800 series is known to eat the little children of ATI fanboys
  2. LOL @ annisman

I had one hell of a time getting drivers to work correctly for my 8800gt when playing cod4 (cod4 would freeze on me a few seconds into play, even at stock clocks).
    I had to use the modded DNA drivers based off of the 169.04 beta.

My card was stable with the settings below, but I uninstalled them because I wanted the control panel. After several other drivers that failed, I gave up and went back to the DNA ones. Now I can't overclock :(. (its not heat cause I have a 120mm fan blowing on my gt).

I really think the culprit is my chipset. I have heard that ULI is very picky...
  3. It is. I have the same board in my older computer with a 7600GT, and driver problems plagued me until the 85 series of drivers.
  4. ya - set the fan to 70%

my msi 730mhz g92 gts ran at 60-65c normal desktop its now 44c
    it ram at 85c gaming its now at 60-62 in crysis

i am on the last mission in crysis so i been playing for 4 days and its rock solid with the fan set to 70% - without the change i had issues -1200x1000 2x aa all high settings

i read about the 3870 auto fan not working and released mine is really hot, i thought it was the case its in a sff case. it was the same as the 3870 the fan was not ramping as it should.

its a little loud but i just leave it at 70% its not too bad
  5. How do I set the fan speed to 70%?
  6. nukchebi0 said:
    How do I set the fan speed to 70%?

Rivatuner profile.

Best,

3Ball
  7. Is there anything I need to do to unlock this, or is it in Rivatuner already?
  8. Oh, I do have the fan set to 70%, and the card does not go above 60C, so it is not heat. At least someone confirmed that the ULI chipset is picky. Since I don't have the money to do a full system upgrade (IE: c2d,ddr2 mem, and mobo) Looks like I'll have to find me a good s939 motherboard.
  9. nukchebi0 said:
    Is there anything I need to do to unlock this, or is it in Rivatuner already?

Its already in rivatuner and it is fairly simple from what I have heard. Though I have not messed with anything on an nVidia card since my 7800GT. I will not be able to install the card in my sig until tomorrow when I get back to school.

Best,

3Ball
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Drivers Graphics