Need HELP for a $500 Budget Gamer System (For Canada)!

johnyeah

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
One of my Canadian friends recently asked me to help him build a $500 Canadian budget system that he can play some games with (such as WoW, not Crysis). However, I realized Newegg does not ship to Canada. So I tried NCIX and CanadaComputers but both options were kind of limited.

I need help on where to get the components and what components to get. The closest that I came to building one was around $700 after tax.

The system components (things that he needs):
DVD-Burner
Motherboard
CPU
Memory
HDD
*Video Card
Computer Case + PSU

Either Intel or AMD is fine, there is really no preference.
Any help is REALLY APPRECIATED!
THANKS!

Kaaliya

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2007
i suggest u wait for a few weeks till amd releases its rs780 chipset and its 3400 series graphics cards . supposedly u can add a 60$ 3470 card to the chipset and along with the integrated graphics it automatically works in crossfire mode so for a very low budget u get quite good graphics .
AMD is also touting low power consumption of the RS780 chipset reaching only a mere ~1.2W on idle and has ability to shutdown the discrete graphics when GPU load is low. this i think is a feature missing in intel boards .
of course there remains the small issue of intel having much better processors , but since yours wont be a high level system i think u should be fine there with any good amd processor .