It is now 12.30 at night, I am knackered and know nothing about pcs!
I have a 5300C scanner which worked perfectly with my previous pc, but won't work with my new work station.
Specifically it wont allow me to re-produce black and white pics or docs, in fact it wont even recognise the the disc, so that I can re-install ????????
I have work for 9am and I've had enough. Is the problem Ghost I didn't have this before?
The ability of the system to recognize a disk in the drive has been corrupted. Follow these instructions carefully, and the system will once again recognize a disk:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
4. In the right pane, click UpperFilters.
Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 7.
5. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
6. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
7. In the right pane, click LowerFilters.
Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further.
8. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
9. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
10. Exit Registry Editor.
11. Restart the computer.
Now install your software from the CD.