Sign in with
Your question

The wolfdale launch date driving me insane help

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
January 7, 2008 2:10:32 PM

Been surfing the net this morning and have found many stores with pre-orders on the E8... chips that I'm looking for now just can't verify the arrival. Anyone seen any forms with actual release date from Intel? I'm worried about putting out $200 and being without a cpu for another month.
I'm in the middle of building a machine for gaming and this is holding me back from firing up the pc already have half empty case: Sonata III, ea500W, Abit E-P35, 9700 NT Zalman, 2GB ddr2-800 Coarsair C4, WD 160 GB Sata, DVD/CD Sata Samsung, antec 120mm pro.

Just 3 components missing
OS (undecided) need help
GPU (8800GT 512) probably wait for Feb... the 9... release maybe it will drop $ a litle or buy at the same time as cpu if I feel impulsed to get it all (only waitting and planning for this machine for 3years lol can't wait)
CPU (E8200)

I can use the 40gb HD with XP and a fx5200 PCI that will fire this up but my celeron is the wrong socket.
This men needs a cpu asap

More about : wolfdale launch date driving insane

January 7, 2008 2:13:38 PM

Wolfies: Jan. 20. Take that to the bank. I'll be right behind you ordering an E85/84! :) 
January 7, 2008 2:21:46 PM

:*( no not so late oh man what should I do preorder or sit and wait until more stores start stocking up
Related resources
January 7, 2008 2:29:21 PM

I'd preorder. Chances are that there's gonna be a mad rush for these suckas and the price is gonna spike for the first few weeks. Just keep in mind that the prices quotd today by Tom's are for 1K quantitites and most etailers will charge a bit more.
January 7, 2008 3:34:39 PM

has anyone purchase any items from compsource if so is it recomended
January 7, 2008 3:42:57 PM

OlSkoolChopper said:
I'd preorder. Chances are that there's gonna be a mad rush for these suckas and the price is gonna spike for the first few weeks. Just keep in mind that the prices quotd today by Tom's are for 1K quantitites and most etailers will charge a bit more.

As equal as chances of most no one caring. Its a chunk of expensive processed sand.
January 7, 2008 4:05:10 PM

Turpit, I don't understand your comment. Tough day at work today? We know "We are all dust in the wind" but humm ... what?
January 7, 2008 4:08:30 PM

drysocks said:
Turpit, I don't understand your comment. Tough day at work today? We know "We are all dust in the wind" but humm ... what?

Kansas. Great band. I think that Thunderman may have hijackd Turpit's account! :lol: 
January 7, 2008 4:39:56 PM

called some support phone # and they adviced me to wait until verified in stock
January 7, 2008 4:52:19 PM

drysocks said:

Simple...Im not a computer enthusiast, ergo I could care less about 45nm. For me, a computer is a tool, and when the time comes that the CPUs I own can no longer run the software I want to use, then I'll care.....unless Intel lies about it, at which point I will care immediatly.
January 7, 2008 4:52:50 PM

Some people waited for the ATI HD3870 to be verified in stock but they were gone in about a 15 min window. In your position(no CPU) I would preorder from a reputable e-tailer. If you had a working machine I would say maybe you could wait it out. BUT the HD3780 went up in price for those that did not preorder and get one of the first ones at the MSRP.
January 7, 2008 5:33:19 PM

turpit said:
Simple...Im not a computer enthusiast, ergo I could care less about 45nm. For me, a computer is a tool, and when the time comes that the CPUs I own can no longer run the software I want to use, then I'll care.....unless Intel lies about it, at which point I will care immediatly.
Gotcha ... ;) 
January 7, 2008 6:44:59 PM

Well then turpit this product isn't for you, so perhaps you shouldn't be talking?

Turpit quote---
"As equal as chances of most no one caring. Its a chunk of expensive processed sand."

I do care, and many others looking to buy new or upgrade care! I don't understand the purpose of your post... Trying to steer people away from it? This is an excellent product, coming out at a time when many people are still on an old AMD chip (xp or AM2) like me. I think most people WILL care.
January 7, 2008 6:48:49 PM

I think Turpit just felt angry and philosphical at the same time
January 7, 2008 7:34:21 PM

turpit said:
As equal as chances of most no one caring. Its a chunk of expensive processed sand.

This may be true, but when people have expensive hobbies like gaming being able to invest in the best performance hardware for the price is important to them. It is an investment afterall. He's already got many pieces for his build and wants to secure a line on a very reasonably priced CPU to complete it. I wouldn't want my hardware aging as I wait either, so finding out a clear release date would be an interest point.

Whats wrong with that..?

January 7, 2008 7:34:48 PM

spuddyt said:

When I was chastisng Thunderman and wondering if Baron was alright I was angry and philosphical at the same time too!
January 7, 2008 7:52:41 PM

gamebro said:
Well then turpit this product isn't for you, so perhaps you shouldn't be talking?

Turpit quote---
"As equal as chances of most no one caring. Its a chunk of expensive processed sand."

I do care, and many others looking to buy new or upgrade care! I don't understand the purpose of your post... Trying to steer people away from it? This is an excellent product, coming out at a time when many people are still on an old AMD chip (xp or AM2) like me. I think most people WILL care.

While that is an excellent point, its not really germaine to mine, which was as many if not more people may not care, and while there may in fact be a "mad rush" there may also not be a "mad rush"
January 7, 2008 7:54:00 PM

spuddyt said:

Angry? Nah, just pointing out that not everyone shares the same opinions and one cant make assumptions for the entire community based on their own perspective.
January 7, 2008 8:15:51 PM

turpit said:
there may in fact be a "mad rush" there may also not be a "mad rush"

Given that intel has shiped 1 mil Penryns in the past couple of months, and that the vast majorty have been Xeons, i think that ther is ample pentup demand for 45nm parts in the enthusast and gaming sectors. Besides, Turpit, you have violated the basic tenet of THG: Thee must be enthusastic to the extremes for every microcubit of minutieae no matter how minor and irrlevant. :lol: 
January 7, 2008 11:24:47 PM

January 8, 2008 2:03:58 AM

Turpit,
That schedule may not be valid anymore. (go to any of the sites below)

The more you say that shows you do not know what the facts are the less you will be listened to and taken seriously. This news came out about Dec 19th-20th. This news is necessary for someone to make an intelligent decision - one of those decisions is if a person with no CPU is willing to wait for how long OR go to a fall back position.

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20071218PD212.html

http://shyamkol.blogspot.com/2007/12/intel-to-delay-thr...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel-039-s-Penryns-Goin...

http://hardwarezone.com/news/view.php?id=9645&cid=4

January 8, 2008 3:13:51 AM

hcforde said:
Turpit,

The more you say that shows you do not know what the facts are the less you will be listened to and taken seriously. This news came out about Dec 19th-20th. This news is necessary for someone to make an intelligent decision - one of those decisions is if a person with no CPU is willing to wait for how long OR go to a fall back position.

What are you talking about???????
You didnt bother actually looking at the chart, did you? I recommend you consider heeding your own words.

This chart came from THGs CES report for January 7, 2008 08:52: Thats today. It was listed on the homepage of THG. Perhaps you you should review that:
THGs CES report, 07 Jan 2008, Intel Unveils New 45nm CPUs at CES
Quote:

January 7, 2008 08:52
Intel Unveils New 45nm CPUs at CES
Don Woligroski

This morning at CES in Las Vegas Intel announced a slew of new CPUs at CES. The following chart shows the basics on all 16 of them.

Chart courtesy of and copyright 2008 by Intel. Click on the chart to see a larger version.

Lets see how THGs Jan 7 2008 CES report compares to your links shall we?
According to the chart, Q9300, Q9450 and Q9550 will launch Q1

According to your first link: HTTP:404

According to your second link, dated 20 dec:
http://shyamkol.blogspot.com/2007/12/intel-to-delay-three-45nm-quad-core-cpu.html
Quote:
The three CPUs that Intel plans to delay are the Core 2 Quad Q9300, Q9450 and Q9550, added the sources.

Intel commented that its launch of 45nm quad-core CPUs for desktops is on track for first quarter 2008, but declined to disclose a specific time-frame.

Hmmmm, looks like the same thing todays report and the chart stated: Q1

According to your third link, dated 27 Dec:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel-039-s-Penryns-Going-Down-Yorkfield-Delayed-Due-to-Board-Issues-74798.shtml
Quote:

According to a recent report, the 45-nanometer Q9550, Q9450, and Q9300 processors (the Yorkfield non-Extreme line), are having difficulties with the motherboards designed to support them. Intel representatives deny any delay: "The 45nm Core 2 Quad launch is planned for Q1'08, and we are still on track for that."

Yup, still looks like Q1 to me.

And finally from your forth link, dated miraculously, today:
Quote:

Dual core desktop processor-based PCs using these new processors begin shipping this month; quad core-based systems plan to arrive later this quarter.
The company also introduced four Intel Xeon processors for servers and workstations; they are expected to ship this quarter.

Still says what the chart says.

a c 480 à CPUs
January 8, 2008 3:29:11 AM

Waiting for Yorkfield.

Waiting, waiting, waiting...

However, Nehalem isn't that far away either.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
January 8, 2008 4:08:14 PM

sticking sticking sticking with my A64 X2, my PIIIs and my 386
January 8, 2008 5:18:02 PM

Waiting waiting waiting 13 more days to either Wolfie or PLEASE G-D Yorkie...
January 8, 2008 9:07:16 PM

Anyone found a reliable place to preorder Wolfdales? That or does anyone have opinions on the places currently out there that are accepting preorders? Thanks.
January 8, 2008 9:10:39 PM

Ncix. Huge company. Good prices. Has US operation. I've spent lots of $$$ and theyve never let me down.

This has NOT been a paid announcement for ncix.com :) 
January 8, 2008 9:32:01 PM

The essence of what Turpit says is true.

These 300mm wafers of 45nm processors will be EVERYWHERE, why do you think AMD's stock is tanking? The market will be FLOODED by 45nm Core2's VERY soon.

Also, at 300+$ a chip, well, I don't think everyone is going to need one to surf the web.

Enthusiasts are, what, 1% of the processor market?

I like this stuff, but I USE it till it is old, tired, or dead. My Opteron 165 will be good for another 2 years easy.

But, I LOVE the tech. I don't even have to own it to enjoy it's progress.
January 9, 2008 3:48:07 AM

well just comeback and seems like I missed some will be looking at the ncix web tks for now
a c 480 à CPUs
January 9, 2008 3:51:05 AM

Falken699 said:

Enthusiasts are, what, 1% of the processor market?

True.

Most computer buyers are more concerned about total price than what is actual under the hood; be it a CPU from AMD or Intel.
January 9, 2008 7:52:41 AM

Turpit is a forum resident (about 7000 posts) and a mod.
If you cant show him a little respect, dont expect anyone here to give you any
January 9, 2008 8:04:25 AM

endyen said:
Turpit is a forum resident (about 7000 posts) and a mod.
If you cant show him a little respect, dont expect anyone here to give you any

Thank you for the kind words, but really, I deserve no more respect than anyone else. Yeah, Im a mod, but Im also a participant and if when I screw up or present incorrect or outdated info, and I do often enough, I deserve to be called out the same as anyone else.
January 10, 2008 1:58:12 PM

In the time I've been lurking, I've observed Turpit to be doing an exemplary job. I don't know how you can afford to put in so much time and brainpower, sir, but I am duly impressed.
January 10, 2008 2:18:59 PM

My lack of english doesn't help me recognize where was the respect of turpit squashed but all I can say is that 7000 posts is a quite good amount to be considered a veteran of war.

Just to add some thoughs, I was thinking that in a desperate move AMD could make a Phenom X6 by puttin two X3 cores together "à la intel" and swallow their pride of all the true multicore computing mania. I think an X6 or even an X8 may be pretty descent ideas. don't know the power tho...
January 10, 2008 2:49:48 PM

The PSU for a Phenom X8:

BTW, Turpit rocks and anyone who thinks otherwse is dumber than Hector Ruiz. :) 
January 10, 2008 6:42:12 PM

thefumigator said:
My lack of english doesn't help me recognize where was the respect of turpit squashed but all I can say is that 7000 posts is a quite good amount to be considered a veteran of war.

2 different guys came on to boost Turpits' ego.... I find this rather unusual myself, but they must be reffering to hcforde message and my post? :lol:  I meant no serious disrespect in my post (a little yes, not a lot), but I did want to point out that what he said was a bizarre statement to make considering where we are! A hardware enthusiast forum!

Turpit quote, speaking about the 45nm processors--

Now I mostly understand the other points he made, but still It's like saying--- It's a piece of SH!t, and not worth your time.

Sure the vast majority will not rush out to buy an E8400, but enough of a rush that it probably will sell out in many places quickly... The E8 series will no doubt be the hottest selling processors this year, so to say nobody cares is an assinine statement IMO. I know that's not exactly what you said or meant, but that is how it came across. ;)  Words are funny things, they tend to do things like that :lol: 
January 10, 2008 8:02:41 PM

My post was not intended as ego massage. Simply acknowledging a gentleman who puts in a superlative effort which to the best of my knowledge is not financially compensated.
January 10, 2008 9:18:14 PM

just a misinterpretation in the posts

The performance boost of 45nm is not a lot, but power consumption seem quite lower specially at idle I think? (got to look again at those 65nm vs 45nm comparison around the net...).

@olsskoolchopper:
95w + 95w = 190w which is out of any mobo power specs... so, there's nothing that could feed that, nor even that power plant ;)  But... as the max power rate supported by the mobos is 120w, that divided by 2 gives 60w, so when the X4/X3 gets 60w TDP or less, then it could be possible to make an X8/X6. Still, AMD needs a faster core more than multiplying cores...
January 10, 2008 11:47:53 PM

Sure, Id look at an X8 but sure not at 2.3 GHz. I run a lot of singlethereded apps and I need speed outta each core. 2.3 would be hot if this was 2006. It aint.

Wasnt QFX 125W per socket? That mobo (as late and unlamented as it is) must have been able to handle a quarter kw, right?
January 11, 2008 12:48:33 AM

dual socket yes, 1/4 kilowatt... by just sum them up...
single socket X6/X8 would work if its 125w or lower then. I never saw the die size but I assume that both dies will fit on the capsule for one socket. -that's my thought of probable future X8-
January 11, 2008 1:24:07 PM

I'd buy an X8 if it came with a dual socket! :)  Thats what I'm hoping Nehalem will be!
January 11, 2008 10:31:23 PM

you mean you want 16 cores? well, seeing that every AMD CPU release has an opteron equivalent or so, dual socket F, with 2 X8 would be interesting. It would still be 1/4 kilowatt, I think AMD must optimize the cores for low power.

Talking about nehalem, everybody changing their socket again... maybe intel comes with some surpise and make the thing to work on current socket 775 plus nehalem new socket introduction.

Somewhat the same way as the rumors about socket 754 Athlons would fit on a 939 with the only limitation that you wouldn't have dual channel. That never happened, when the thing was released I was like "damn rumors" btw...
January 11, 2008 11:06:32 PM

Hell ya I want 16 cores! I was raised on Tim Allen. I think there is no chance that the Nehalems will work on 775. The new uarch comes with a diferent socket, the LGA 1366. More pins more fun!
January 11, 2008 11:15:10 PM

Bottom line Turpit is that Intel's schedule for release is NOT in stone. Their latest 'SAND' may or may not make it as scheduled for whatever reason's they give. Your treatment of an innocent poster wanting info was unconscienable, un-necessary and rude. This is an enthusiast board for people seeking answers on a higher order. They did not come here to be squashed and ridiculed for their thoughts and questions. That is the worst kind of censorship in my opinion regardless of how many post you have sir. Intels roadmap changes according to the competitive and technological environment it sees and it is all in flux until the day it decides to release. AND these companies have been known to have token releases. I an not looking to get any processor in the near future, but the person that posted did not have a working computer and under his/her circumstance my advice was to pre-order to ensure he got what he wanted. The NDA should be lifted before launch so he can always cancel the Q9450 ORDER, and Q6600'S are readily available should he decide it is better for him/her. In a different set of senario's I have suggested that the person get a Q6600. I may or may not know more than you. I certainly do NOT have time to do 7000 post if that is correct. I have credibility in other areas that I choose to be in more than here.
January 12, 2008 4:31:45 AM

hcforde said:
Bottom line Turpit is that Intel's schedule for release is NOT in stone. Their latest 'SAND' may or may not make it as scheduled for whatever reason's they give. Your treatment of an innocent poster wanting info was unconscienable, un-necessary and rude. This is an enthusiast board for people seeking answers on a higher order. They did not come here to be squashed and ridiculed for their thoughts and questions. That is the worst kind of censorship in my opinion regardless of how many post you have sir. Intels roadmap changes according to the competitive and technological environment it sees and it is all in flux until the day it decides to release. AND these companies have been known to have token releases. I an not looking to get any processor in the near future, but the person that posted did not have a working computer and under his/her circumstance my advice was to pre-order to ensure he got what he wanted. The NDA should be lifted before launch so he can always cancel the Q9450 ORDER, and Q6600'S are readily available should he decide it is better for him/her. In a different set of senario's I have suggested that the person get a Q6600. I may or may not know more than you. I certainly do NOT have time to do 7000 post if that is correct. I have credibility in other areas that I choose to be in more than here.

No, bottom line is this: You said:

hcforde said:
Turpit,

I showed you that it was the very latest schedule available, however, it appears either you choose to deliberately ignore, or simply didnt bother reading a whit of the link I posted or for that matter, the links you posted. Had you, you would have noted that your 2nd and 3rd links were in fact older, but gave the same schedule and that your 4rth link not only gave the same info but amazingly was based on the very same source ( Intel @ CES on 7 January) you were calling into question.

Continuing on the "bottom line", your second post appears to be little more than an attempt to minimize the error of your first post by changing the emphasis from the recency of information to the possibility that the validity of the information may, in the future, change.

In regards to the seeming attempt to minimize the error of your first post, you are quite correct, schedules change. Which does not change the fact that the chart I linked to, the chart whose recency you ‘questioned’ provided the most accurate schedule to date.
Which, you contend, can change.
Someday.
In the future.
Maybe.
Which is true, but not the day it was provided.

Perhaps you have a crystal ball, or are privy to some information not available through public channels, but none of the 3 functional links you provided was more recent, provided dates any different than the chart I posted, and in one example even used the exact same source...so the point of your first post, in and of itself is void. Your second post is literally ‘pointless’, as its purpose appears to be to ‘cover’ your first posts error by diverting attention from it.

One seemingly common theme in both your threads appears to be attempts to cast aspersions at me.

From the first post:
hcforde said:
"The more you say that shows you do not know what the facts are the less you will be listened to and taken seriously. This news came out about Dec 19th-20th. This news is necessary for someone to make an intelligent decision

Curiously, I have used those bolded words myself, almost exactly, and much more than once. Coupled with your preceding comment, it almost seems to be an attempt to use my own words against me.....except you didnt bother to check the validity of the information I provided.

From the second post:
hcforde said:
Your treatment of an innocent poster wanting info was unconscienable, un-necessary and rude. This is an enthusiast board for people seeking answers on a higher order. They did not come here to be squashed and ridiculed for their thoughts and questions. That is the worst kind of censorship in my opinion regardless of how many post you have sir.

This requires much more anaylis than the first post

Adressing: "Your treatment of an innocent poster wanting info was unconscienable, un-necessary and rude" Im sorry, but clearly you are not familiar forumz 'goings on'. Instead, you but jumped into the middle of the mix, uniformed, in what appears, for all purposes, to be an attempt to capitalize on what you may have seen as an opportunity to take a shot. Allow me to bring you up to speed. OlSkoolChopper is anything but an "innocent poster". Having spent more time than I care to think about removing inappropriate language from his posts, I can vouche for that. What he is, most certainly, is a ‘big boy’ capable of taking care of himself, and not the wide eyed innocent you try to present him as.

On the subject of "This is an enthusiast board for people seeking answers on a higher order.", let me make something clear to you, as well as everyone else who tries to label this board………and I do get tired of saying this, so everyone (especially you) pay close attention THIS IS NOT AN ENTHUSIAST BOARD. THIS IS A BOARD FOR EVERYONE; NEWB, ENTHUSIAST OR OTHERWISE. NO ONE, INCLUDING YOU, HAS ANY RIGHT TO LABEL THIS BOARD BASED ON THEIR OWN OPINIONS, “ENTHUSIASMS” OR BIASES, NOR ANY RIGHT TO ATTEMPT TO IMPOSE THOSE PREFERNCES ON THE CONFIGURATION OF THIS BOARD, OR DICTATE CONTENT.

For those who are saying what should or should not be posted, and what sections it should or should not be posted in and what is or is not germane, (not the folks joking, playing it up, or having fun with that topic, but the ones who truly believe what they are saying), I say this: If you dont like the topics of discussion on this forum, you can go elsewhere. This is a free and open forum,,,no one is holding a gun to your head.

Note the word FORUM:
A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.
An assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

Also note, it the label of the site “THG Forumz”, not THG Blog

BLOG
An online diary; a personal chronological log of thoughts published on a Web page, typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author

Given your first posts attempt to imply I was providing outdated information and then use my own words against me, followed by your second post, which itself tried to minimize the blatent error of your first post (rather than aknowledging it) while at the same time implying I was guilty of ‘censorship’ (curiously another topic I’ve commented on and seemingly another attempt at a ‘dig’ at me) ‘squashing’ and ‘ridicule’, it would appear as if you may have more interest in grinding some personal ax with me than with the actual topic, or discussions about it. But rather than addressing it outright, you appear to be using this topic (poorly I might add) as a ‘vehicle’ to camouflage your ‘ax’

Of course, if I were really going to censor anyone, I would have censored both of your posts, wouldn’t I? But I didn’t, and I wont. Why? Because censorship is not my purpose (unless you are one of the advertards I’ve banned, or someone who cant follow the exceptionally open TOS) The purposes of the mods is very simple – try to keep some semblance of peace, some semblance of accuracy and to try to keep the site clean enough for everyone from 8 year olds to the 80 year olds to use, not to 'censor' either directly or indirectly

Regarding your comment "They did not come here to be squashed and ridiculed for their thoughts and questions." Who exactly is 'ridiculing' or 'squashing'? What is ridiculing, or squashing about “As equal as chances of most no one caring. Its a chunk of expensive processed sand"?

Just as you failed to read the chart, you failed to comprhend what the two sentences actually said. Rather, you assigned your own interpretation....that of ridiculing. So I will explain.

“As equal as chances of most no one caring”---personally, I would have thought that was self explanitory, but apparently, at least for you, it is not. Being that the enthusiast segment is but a minute fraction of the total number of people who own and use computers, most people could care less about what CPU is the ‘newest’, ‘fastest’, or ‘biggest’, meaning most people have no interest in when wolfdale will be launched. Being as THG Forumz IS NOT AN ENTHUSIAST SITE, but open to anyone who cares to use it, the probability is that the majority of the Forumz users will have no interest. I can make that statement with a fair amount of certainty being as I am familiar with number of registered viewers/poster vs unregistered users. To say the difference between those 2 numbers is large is an understatement of galactic proportions. To say all those who read but are not registered members are enthusiasts would be an assumption of equally galactic proportions, and incorrect.

In regards to "Its a chunk of expensive processed sand", perhaps you are an EE, and took personal offensive to that comment because of the level of education required to achieve that position and the amount of work that goes into creating the chunk of expensive processed sand, but just as a CPU is a chunk of expensive processed sand, so is a car collections of expensive chunks of processed iron ore, bauxite, hydrocarbons (plastics) sand, carbon and rubber, just to name a few. What is a house? A collection of expensive chunks of processed ores, timbers, rocks and sand, to name a few. An aeroplane? The same as a car. Personally I am an automotive and aviation 'enthusiast', yet I do not find refering to cars or aeroplanes as "Chunks of 'whatever' " to be offensive. But you seem to have some personal connection to the “chunk or expensive processed sand” that skews your perception in such a manner as to assign the charecteristics of “ridicule”, “squashing”, “unconscionable”, “un-necessary” and “rude” to a comment where no such charecteristics exist, but this would be a problem pertaining to you, not the comment.

hcforde said:
“ I an not looking to get any processor in the near future, but the person that posted did not have a working computer and under his/her circumstance my advice was to pre-order to ensure he got what he wanted. The NDA should be lifted before launch so he can always cancel the Q9450 ORDER, and Q6600'S are readily available should he decide it is better for him/her. In a different set of senario's I have suggested that the person get a Q6600. I may or may not know more than you. I certainly do NOT have time to do 7000 post if that is correct. I have credibility in other areas that I choose to be in more than here.”

When exactly did your advice, or my post count come into the debate regarding the recency of the chart I posted? Or the comment “As equal as chances of most no one caring. Its a chunk of expensive processed sand”? I never mentioned your advice, nor did I make any comments about my post count, so why do you bring them into this?

IRT my post count, let me clarify for you. Its nowhere near 7000. In fact, its barely over 5000. Of those 5000 posts, the vast majority are completely unhelpful quips, many of which couldn’t even be posted in this section without getting myself banned. You seem to be attempting to reflexively debate an issue of credibility based on post count, which I never raised. Allow me to aid you. Post count means absolutely nothing in regards to credibility. As proof, I offer myself. See above.

I find it humourous that you speak of credibility. Credibility comes from the accuracy of what one says, does it not? Who was it that said: “The more you say that shows you do not know what the facts are the less you will be listened to and taken seriously”? I think it was the same person who said “That schedule may not be valid anymore” then backed it up with the same or older information. Also see above.

Based on your posts, IMO, it does seem as if you have some kind of ax to grind me. Perhaps you are one of the freeloading advertards I’ve banned in the past, perhaps you are one of the Intel or AMD fanboys who doesn’t like my opinions. Perhaps you are just someone who had a bad day at work and chose to try and take it out on someone in soem forum somewhere. Perhaps you are an EE who was personally offended by "expensive chunk of processed sand". Or, perhaps you are something (or someone) else. Whatever the reason, you seem to be trying to make me out to be an idiot, but your mis-perception of my comments coupled with your failure to read is leading you down the wrong paths, and on several levels. Because you failed to prepare properly, not once but twice, IMO, your attempts can be summed in one word: fail

However, there is a good lesson here for everyone: Perception is in the eye of the beholder, not the person who presents.

January 12, 2008 12:49:58 PM

turpit said:
Allow me to bring you up to speed. OlSkoolChopper is anything but an "innocent poster". Having spent more time than I care to think about removing inappropriate language from his posts, I can vouche for that. What he is, most certainly, is a ‘big boy’ capable of taking care of himself, and not the wide eyed innocent you try to present him as.

AFFADAVIT

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

To Mr. Turpit and Tom's Hardware dot com:

I, OlSkoolChopper, hereby verefy that I have suffered significant psychological trauma by the verbal abuse which has been heaped upon my wide eyed innocent self without justefication by the criminal known as Mr. Turpit which has renderd me unable to leave my home, shave, brush my teeth, bathe, use underarm deoderant, change my underware, or preform sexually with cheerleaders. I have been infromed by medical authoreties that my condition may be permenent and I will require three hours per day of psychological therapy admenestered by Kitten "Busty" Vavavavoom, M.D., Ph.D., B.J. at the Mustang Ranch Bordello Mental Health Clinic at a charge of $500 per hour which I pray the court for relief at least equal to that which Dr. Vavavavoom will be providing me. I hereby request that the court issue a judgement against Mr. Turpit for the next 25 years of therapy to be paid in advence and directly to my legal representitive and dealer, Mr. Narco Slanger S.P.D (Sidewalk Pharmacutical Dispenser).

Signed

OlSkoolChopper
A Wide Eyed Innocent.

January 12, 2008 8:24:56 PM

I got a couple of sentences into this before I realized what you were doing! Fooled me!
January 18, 2008 2:24:49 PM

I just saw your post Turpit and I must say - It sounds like I bruised your ego. I do not know Olskool... or any of his previous post. However your last post did relate to me and probably others here why you had the tone you did with him. I believe that each thread has to stand on its own as not all people read all post from posters in a current thread that that poster may have made in other threads. But there seemed to be a cumulative effect in your answer to Olskool... that was based on un-necessary anger. My post was just to say "wait a minute, lets not be so harsh because things change in the tech world constantly". Then I received the brunt of your anger toward Olskool... Look at the time you spent on your last post venting at me. That is why I said it must have bruised your ego. That was NOT my intent, nor did I have any intent to disparage you in any other way. I apologize to any poster on this thread if they felt that was my intent and I also apologize to you.
!