Lose internet connection after reboot

Jenn_08

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
Hello,
My computer keeps losing internet connection everytime i reboot. It also changed the theme from Windows XP to Windows classic. The programs have been running extremely slow. I have tried to search for solutions but I can't find any. Can anyone help?

Most likely an automatic MS update has changed the settings of the computer, or corrupted the system files. This happens quite often. From what you describe, it's not a virus.
click start
click all programs
click accessories
click system tools
click system restore
check the box that says: restore my system to an earlier date
click next
select a bold date on the calendar, a date before the problem started
click next
follow directions to restore system
System restore does not affect your personal files, and is reversible, you can go forward or back at any time.
It merely removes the offending changes to the software and system files of the computer.
when restore has completed, restart computer
if problem was not fixed, if system would not restore, repeat above using an even earlier date
system will be set back to a time before the MS update corrupted the settings or system files.

twcandler

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I had the same problem and solved it after hours of working on it. Here's what you do.

Click start menu
Right click on my computer
Click manage
Click services and applications
Click services
Scroll down to Wireless Zero Configuration.
Click on wireless zero configuration
Set to automatic
Click apply

tuanton

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Must say thanks for this post. Been going crazy for days with problem of lost connection which could not retrieve even by re-inserting my ISP login in details, only way I could get connection was by doing system restore. Now fixed :bounce: