Half budge, half machine...

khromosone

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Hey guys, looked in my bank account today and found I had some monies, so I thought I would give my comp a bit of an upgrade.

Currently I am running:
AMD Anthlon 64+ X2 3600+ 1.8ghz - Randomly OC'd to 2.1ghz
AsusTek M2N Mobo
1GB DDR2 Ram
500+160GB Hard drives
Seasonic 430w PSU
7800GTX
Creative Audigy Something

I have a limit of 900, I'm only really only looking for a CPU,Mobo, and ram upgrade. I am definitely set on Intel, but not sure whether to go for a q6600 or a e6750, nor am I sure about going to Window 64+ and picking up 4gb of ram.

But thats what this forum is about, so hopefully you guys can give me a hand.

p.s I am oc'ing this machine, so picking up a ultima as I dont want a massive ultra bending my mobo :p

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
That machine is not all that bad.
Get yourself another Gig of RAM and you will be much happier.

Then in the 1-3months when the Penryn and new NVIDIA cards are out, look at upgrading.

You system is servicable and with new stuff coming out shortly.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Get 2x2048 DDR2 RAM now, while it's still cheap. There is nothing wrong with having 4 Gig of RAM installed on a 32-bit system. You just won't see it all.

Not knowing the exact specs of your power supply, maybe look into replacing it. I've got my eye on the Seasonic S12 550watt.

Other than that, I agree with the rest of what zenmaster suggests. Wait until the new Penryn's come out and pick up a new board/CPU then.

-Wolf sends

sailer

Splendid
If you feel you need to upgrade something, I'd look to a 5000+ Black Edition cpu. They overclock very easily, run cooler and cheaper than what you have, and only cost around $130. Other then that , I agree with the others, hold off and save your money until penryn is here.

khromosone

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Yeah is a Seasonic s12 430, or something..

How expensive are they going to be, I dont really wanna pay an extra 100-200-300 dollars for not much of a performance boost