AMD closes at $6.08 today

anybody seeing it hit 5? :pfff:


any intel fanboys want to add in about intel sliding 14 cents after release of new 45nm laptop CPU's? :kaola:


Is Phenom rev.B3 going to cure cancer as we all once hoped? :D
238 answers Last reply
More about closes today
  1. This is all part of AMDs plan!
  2. Thanks for the AMD stock limbo update powered by the new AMD Errata 9900.

    Trading in $5 range tomorrow, closing in $5 range by the end of the week.
  3. lol what plan the crash and burn plan?
  4. I hope something goes up and cures cancer.
    Lets give a warm welcome to the 45nm processors.
    WOW the yorkfields at newegg is priced over 1k... got to wait til they go down... also, its 130watts? I must have missed something...
  5. what? the new yorkies are 130 watts? are you serious?
  6. teh_boxzor said:
    lol what plan the crash and burn plan?



    AMD releases slower and buggy products because they know that's what the market really wants. Likewise, AMD knows that its current investors want a lower stock price so that their shares of AMD won't use too many digits and thus reducing the likelihood of a TLB crash.
  7. LOL! im pretty sure its because ruiz can't estimate how much AMD is worth when the numbers are so high...so he has to bring it down to a dollar per trade so he can start doing the math. but the TLB crash is just as likely.

    LOL
  8. Interesting note: AMDs stock takes a nose dive right when Intel announced the Core Micro architecture in Q1'06


    Also note to those who dont know how to read a graph, the lines are percentages.
  9. teh_boxzor said:
    what? the new yorkies are 130 watts? are you serious?


    massive cache mem... or maybe leaks from the 45nm process. it can take some time to solve this but I always hope the power consumption to go down when the process goes down...
  10. teh_boxzor said:
    LOL! im pretty sure its because ruiz can't estimate how much AMD is worth when the numbers are so high...so he has to bring it down to a dollar per trade so he can start doing the math. but the TLB crash is just as likely.

    LOL


    Thats because they're calculators use AMD processors
  11. very interesting also the q9300 in the other forum seems to good to be true. 3.7 ghz on air? but it is an engineering sample. AMD's engineering samples for phenom hit 3 ghz too....
  12. skittle said:
    Thats because they're calculators use AMD processors


    LOL! if thats true than TC was right about the TLB errata happening.
  13. teh_boxzor said:
    very interesting also the q9300 in the other forum seems to good to be true. 3.7 ghz on air? but it is an engineering sample. AMD's engineering samples for phenom hit 3 ghz too....


    link plz? :P
  14. teh_boxzor said:
    LOL! if thats true than TC was right about the TLB errata happening.


    In TC I Trust. All others pay cash. :lol:
  15. thefumigator said:
    massive cache mem... or maybe leaks from the 45nm process. it can take some time to solve this but I always hope the power consumption to go down when the process goes down...


    Yes, 130 watts. BUT, that's because it is an EXTREME processor. The rest of the Yorkies will be much lower in wattage. Btw. 130 is the rating, in actual use it will be somewhat lower, in fact, it only uses 4 watts at idle.
  16. teh_boxzor said:
    anybody seeing it hit 5? :pfff:


    any intel fanboys want to add in about intel sliding 14 cents after release of new 45nm laptop CPU's? :kaola:


    Is Phenom rev.B3 going to cure cancer as we all once hoped? :D


    Shouldn't this crap be reserved for the "other" section of the forums where you are supposed to post non-computer related crap like this flame bait you are posting here.

    How about some of you try to assist others with their problems on the forums instead of always posting crap and then making a stupid party thread out of it.

    Could it be that most of you provide no assistance to your fellow forum users because you don't know the difference between your A$$ and the power button on your computer. :kaola:
  17. I was never a huge fan of AMD, but man, I hope they don't go under. Without the competition, Intel CPU prices will go through the roof.
  18. caamsa said:
    Shouldn't this crap be reserved for the "other" section of the forums where you are supposed to post non-computer related crap like this flame bait you are posting here.

    How about some of you try to assist others with their problems on the forums instead of always posting crap and then making a stupid party thread out of it.

    Could it be that most of you provide no assistance to your fellow forum users because you don't know the difference between your A$$ and the power button on your computer. :kaola:


    Geez sorry buzzkill :pfff:
  19. caamsa said:
    Shouldn't this crap be reserved for the "other" section of the forums where you are supposed to post non-computer related crap like this flame bait you are posting here.

    How about some of you try to assist others with their problems on the forums instead of always posting crap and then making a stupid party thread out of it.

    Could it be that most of you provide no assistance to your fellow forum users because you don't know the difference between your A$$ and the power button on your computer. :kaola:


    Translation:

    This news is bad for AMD. Because of this fact I'm going to attack you and say it should be posted in another section. AMD has only lost 60% of it's value in the last few months; which isn't that bad, really!

    I love AMD. Please don't hurt AMD's feelings. Intel is ALREADY BK.

    EVIL PUMPERS!
  20. teh_boxzor said:
    what? the new yorkies are 130 watts? are you serious?


    The TDP rating is 130W, but actually uses less than E6750 during load, and 4W at idle. Th rating has taken overclocking into consideration, therefore is massively over-stated.
  21. yomamafor1 said:
    The TDP rating is 130W, but actually uses less than E6750 during load, and 4W at idle. Th rating has taken overclocking into consideration, therefore is massively over-stated.


    Am I corect in asuming that the way TDP is calculated varies rather widely between AMD and Intel?
  22. TechnologyCoordinator said:
    Translation:

    This news is bad for AMD. Because of this fact I'm going to attack you and say it should be posted in another section. AMD has only lost 60% of it's value in the last few months; which isn't that bad, really!

    I love AMD. Please don't hurt AMD's feelings. Intel is ALREADY BK.

    EVIL PUMPERS!


    Can you find TC in this picture?

  23. Actually, it was in the mid-60's today in metro-Detroit, all our snow is gone!

    The weather man said that someone was demoing a Quad-FX system in the area and that is the reason for the warm-up.
  24. OlSkoolChopper said:
    Am I corect in asuming that the way TDP is calculated varies rather widely between AMD and Intel?


    Yes. Although both uses programs to calculate their own TDP, AMD is slightly less accurate than Intel's.
  25. TechnologyCoordinator said:
    Actually, it was in the mid-60's today in metro-Detroit, all our snow is gone!

    The weather man said that someone was demoing a Quad-FX system in the area and that is the reason for the warm-up.


    So Baron actually got one?

    yomamafor1 said:
    Yes. Although both uses programs to calculate their own TDP, AMD is slightly less accurate than Intel's.


    But again correct me if I'm wrong, but to reach 130W TDP a 45nm CPU would have to be pushed to its absolute limits with extra voltage, etc.
  26. OlSkoolChopper said:
    But again correct me if I'm wrong, but to reach 130W TDP a 45nm CPU would have to be pushed to its absolute limits with extra voltage, etc.


    You have to push it to 4Ghz to achieve over 130W.
  27. Well I won't have to worry about that. The E8400 that's 99.9% sure to be in my case by the end of the month will see 3.4 max.
  28. TechnologyCoordinator said:
    Actually, it was in the mid-60's today in metro-Detroit, all our snow is gone!

    The weather man said that someone was demoing a Quad-FX system in the area and that is the reason for the warm-up.


    TC has got the best comebacks technology-wise..... :lol:

    man mid-60's in detroit? its low 40's in southern california
  29. Why so low on the OC, OlSkool?
  30. teh_boxzor said:
    man mid-60's in detroit? its low 40's in southern california


    The entire metro-Detroit area is actually under a TORNADO WATCH on JANUARY 7th, 2008.

    W T F ?
  31. teh_boxzor said:
    TC has got the best comebacks technology-wise..... :lol:

    man mid-60's in detroit? its low 40's in southern california



    You guys sure live in nice and warm areas. Here in my area of Nevada, we've been getting 12-20 degree weather, along with too much snow and a bit of flooding. Gotta love my 4 wheel drive though. It churns through everything so far. Haven't had to chain it up yet.

    As to the AMD prices, ENOUGH ALREADY! :fou: This is like a countdown at Cape Canaveral; 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. :ouch: When's it going to end? I might just buy a new AMD cpu and a couple ATI video cards in protest! Maybe I'll show them to my future grandkids someday and tell them about how AMD was once a proud company, before their chips became museum relics.
  32. jjblanche said:
    Why so low on the OC, OlSkool?


    I use my PC for work. I run my entire company on it from design to accounting. I can't aford a minute of downtime. So I'm not touching the voltage in OCing my CPU. I need stone cold relability and longevity. Then when Nehalem comes out it can be trashed. Who cares then.

    TechnologyCoordinator said:
    The entire metro-Detroit area is actually under a TORNADO WATCH on JANUARY 7th, 2008.

    W T F ?


    We realy havent messed up this planet much, have we? I have a friend in Windsor who emailed me that he was RIDING today! DAMN!
  33. lol riding what?
  34. OlSkoolChopper said:
    We realy havent messed up this planet much, have we? I have a friend in Windsor who emailed me that he was RIDING today! DAMN!


    Don't know about that. I saw reading an article a while back about Greenland. As the ice is melting, they're discovering old Viking villages that were abandoned to encroaching ice about 600 years ago. Seems that Greenland once was a lot greener than we thought is was, and the earth was a lot warmer centuries ago without the help of man-made pollution. Don't know any real answers here, but this weather is sure unpredictable now.
  35. teh_boxzor said:
    lol riding what?


    What else? He's a Canadian.




  36. TechnologyCoordinator said:


    Ok, if I have to, I'll ride one of those, even in the winter. :whistle:
  37. teh_boxzor said:
    lol riding what?


    Sweet ride. An old AMF Ironhead I sold him years ago. He's put a 240 on the back and has a 23" dirt bike rim on the front with an AME 14 degree rake kit and 8" overs. When I sold it the tank was red and had an original Then Came Bronson masoinc pyramid eye stiker on it. He's painted it purple metalflake since.

    Anonymous said:
    Don't know about that. I saw reading an article a while back about Greenland. As the ice is melting, they're discovering old Viking villages that were abandoned to encroaching ice about 600 years ago. Seems that Greenland once was a lot greener than we thought is was, and the earth was a lot warmer centuries ago without the help of man-made pollution. Don't know any real answers here, but this weather is sure unpredictable now.


    I know that the jury is stil out on what has caused the warming, but I've been up in the Arctic and talked to the local folks and they old Inuit swear that everything ahs changed since they were kids. The ice was solid year round back then. And growing up in Toronto, I always heard stories about people who used to drive right across the lake to Rochester in the wintr.
  38. teh_boxzor said:
    Geez sorry buzzkill :pfff:



    Schadenfreude :non:
  39. All that Global warming crap is bull. In Astronomy its been proven that the earth goes through hot and cold cycles every 5000 years or so...due to the inclination of our planet to the solar systems equator.
  40. OlSkoolChopper said:
    Sweet ride. An old AMF Ironhead I sold him years ago. He's put a 240 on the back and has a 23" dirt bike rim on the front with an AME 14 degree rake kit and 8" overs. When I sold it the tank was red and had an original Then Came Bronson masoinc pyramid eye stiker on it. He's painted it purple metalflake since.


    I know that the jury is stil out on what has caused the warming, but I've been up in the Arctic and talked to the local folks and they old Inuit swear that everything ahs changed since they were kids. The ice was solid year round back then. And growing up in Toronto, I always heard stories about people who used to drive right across the lake to Rochester in the wintr.



    Think of all those NetBurst cpu's still out there heating up the planet. That is really what is causing global warming. Blame Intell for that one.

    Think Globally, Drink Locally.
  41. caamsa said:
    Think of all those NetBurst cpu's still out there heating up the planet. That is really what is causing global warming. Blame Intell for that one.

    Think Globally, Drink Locally.


    I won't disagree with you there. I never bought an Intel Spaceheater. I was riding comfortably in an Athlon 2800+(Barton). Then I went to the Athlon 64 X2 3200+, I was going through my box of computer shiznit yesterday and found my old retail box for that proc.
  42. I had an intel netburst. The first time i ever tinkered in a computer was in a pentium 4 non-HT, i didn't even know of AMd at the time, and that time i thought gigahertz meant everything. Curse my dad for feeding me lies.
  43. TechnologyCoordinator said:
    I won't disagree with you there. I never bought an Intel Spaceheater. I was riding comfortably in an Athlon 2800+(Barton). Then I went to the Athlon 64 X2 3200+, I was going through my box of computer shiznit yesterday and found my old retail box for that proc.



    I still have my 2500+ Barton (out in the garage somewhere). I could OC that bad boy to a 3200+ buy just raising the FSB from 133 to 166.

    I also got a Athlon 64 3200+ but mine was a single core. That was 2004 when I got that one.
  44. caamsa said:
    I still have my 2500+ Barton (out in the garage somewhere). I could OC that bad boy to a 3200+ buy just raising the FSB from 133 to 166.

    I also got a Athlon 64 3200+ but mine was a single core. That was 2004 when I got that one.



    2500+ Barton= kick ass processor

    2500+ non-Barton, not so good. (edit: good, but not kick ass uber leet like the Barton)
  45. So Baron actually got one?
    No, he got 2.
  46. starcraftfanatic said:
    No, he got 2.


    No, he got one so he could drop in a quad core later and have a hex-o-core machine.
  47. So Baron actually got one?
    Quote:

    No, he got 2.


    Lol i don't think Baron would be that greedy than there wouldn't be anything for AMD to show off and all the quad-father.
  48. Were the sales figures for the QFX ever releasd? Did they reach double figures? :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel AMD Product