how do i get windows update agent, plz help! (cant download msn)

maverick7

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
ok im trying to load msn but i cant get it because it says:

A critical update is needed.
To continue this installation, you need to install windows update agent 5.8.02469 or later. click ok to go online for more information and links to critical updates.

except when i click ok it doesnt show how to download it.. so im sort of lost

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Run Windows update and get all the updates you're missing. I know you just built a new computer since you made a thread yesterday, so I'm pretty sure all you need to do is get patched up. (Another thing you'll probably need is the Microsoft .NET Framework, which may or may not automatically be included in the Windows update)

maverick7

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
alright thx for the response

btw u should see my 40+ long response thread about my pc problems on the ncix forums lol o god.. iv been going for 30 hours straight now

ir_efrem

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
NET framework is in optional software (or somethin like that)

when you run updates don't do express do custom and you should be able to find the optional link there

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Hey man, I don't want to sound rude, but you really need to poke around more and try things for your self before asking for help with little things like this. Not that I don't mind helping you, but you're never going to learn to troubleshoot these problems for your self unless you try.

Anyways, hope you get it worked out.