Emachine EL-1300G system restore

kragox

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
Okay, have a similar thread here but this is a different solution im looking for. Can anyone or does anyone have a system restore in order to reinstall windows onto my computer that is from or compatible with an Emachine EL-1300G model emachine? Would be very appreciative if one could be uploaded to rapidshare or something in order for me to download to my external so I can burn my own bootdisk and get things running again. Going NUTS without my computer!

Solution
try unistalling ALL the current drivers before loading the new ones.
all the drivers are located here:
http://www.emachines.com /support/ drivers.html
remove the spaces from the link and copy paste to browser
includes the VGA drivers
download the drivers and install one at a time
restart after loading each driver.
put the drivers above on a CD, when it asks for the PCI bridge, load the CD into the drive and select "copy driver from disk"
I would think that the PCI bridge is located with the chipset driver.
Try shutting off the windows firewall and anti virus before re loading the drivers.
http://restore-disk.com /restoredisks/eMachines/ eMachinesEL1300G /eMachines-EL1300G -XP-Restore-Disk- 244817.html
take the spaces out of the link...

Does windows start on your computer at all? Are you running XP? Did the computer come with a restore disk?
Can you describe the symptoms with as many details as possible?
There is no widows system that you can rapid share legally. If windows will not start at all, you can buy the XP disk on Amazon, or similar, for about $60.
If windows does start, you might be able to do a system restore with what is on the computer already.
But anything that you download or share to load a new windows operating system could be infected, so keep that in mind.

kragox

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
I caught a virus that forced me to have to format my computer and my external HD. I reinstalled it with the only disk i had which was a dell op disk and I have the downloaded drivers from the Emachine site but there is still a "PCI Bridge" showing up on my device manager as missing drivers as well as missing files on my VGA compatible whatever. Im running XP but the system initially came with Windows XP with SP3 and no they didn't give me a restore disk or I wouldn't be asking for one. Apparently the fine print said I had 14 days from the date off purchase to call and get one which, if I needed one within the first 14 days I wouldnt have kept the computer. I spent an hour on the phone with them and i dont have the money to buy a new disk, Im a college student with a sick 7 month old so there is no way I could afford 60 bucks for a new disk but a system restore CAN be uploaded. Im not asking for a system disk, all I need is someone to upload a system RESTORE so that I can get the emachine drivers im missing and to back my comp up to an emachine instead of a DELL operating system.

try unistalling ALL the current drivers before loading the new ones.
all the drivers are located here:
http://www.emachines.com /support/ drivers.html
remove the spaces from the link and copy paste to browser
includes the VGA drivers
download the drivers and install one at a time
restart after loading each driver.
put the drivers above on a CD, when it asks for the PCI bridge, load the CD into the drive and select "copy driver from disk"
I would think that the PCI bridge is located with the chipset driver.
Try shutting off the windows firewall and anti virus before re loading the drivers.
http://restore-disk.com /restoredisks/eMachines/ eMachinesEL1300G /eMachines-EL1300G -XP-Restore-Disk- 244817.html
take the spaces out of the link before copy paste to browser
I am sorry if that does not solve the problem.

Solution

kragox

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
I got it fixed. Thanks for all the help. The missing drivers were fixed when I re-updated to the SP3 service pack and the chipset link you gave me fixed the graphic issue I was having so thanks a ton for all the help!

No problemo, glad to help. :hello:
Wait a second, you downloaded SP3, check to make sure that your system recognizes a disk in the CD or DVD drive.
Now let me know if the drives recognize the disk OK. There's a fix for that if it does not.
Now I will give you excellent advice, and you can take it or leave it.

A. Turn off microsoft automatic updates, leave them off permanently. When you do this you will get message balloons on your desktop: Your computer may be at risk! Turn on automatic updates!
Install microsoft power toys XP Tweek IU from the microsoft website. Use Tweek to disable the message balloons on the desktop. This will not disable other messages.
Reason: there have been a rash of XP system failures that occur after automatic updates are installed. These include: loss of audio drivers, loss of desktop themes, CD drive will not recognize disk in drive anymore, blue screen on start up after updates, loss of printer and USB drivers, other assorted system failures. To avoid surprises and frustration, turn off the updates.

B. Install highly rated security system such as Norton 360 or Panda Internet Security 2010. Delete all other security systems. Run only a single all- in- one security package. Use the Norton or Panda fire wall instead of the windows fire wall.
You can buy these on amazon for about $20 per year. I just bought 3 license Panda for $10 plus shipping.
Reason: Much higher level multiple layer security with automatic updating. What you just went through could have been prevented. The Panda disk allows scanning the system without starting windows. This can come in very handy, on your system and other systems.