Searching for the right LCD TV

I am shopping for a 20- or 21-inch 4:3 LCD TV for my dorm room. Most if
not all of what I'll be watching is traditional-format, non-widescreen
coaxial cable, videotapes or DVD. I understand that the picture on an
LCD is less crisp than that of a CRT set, but would like to choose a
brand and type that minimizes pixelation. Thanks in advance for
suggestions.
2 answers Last reply
More about searching

    I'm noticing most of the 20 and 21-inch sets have resolutions of either
    640x480 or 1024x768. Is the increased resolution noticeable for non-HD
    programming, or would the picture be relatively grainy in either case?
    Thanks.

    Mack McKinnon wrote:
    > I bought a Sylvania 15" LCD TV set for my office desk from Amazon. Model #
    > 6615LE. $289.94 with free shipping. Nothing fancy but does the job. Good
    > picture and the price is right. Read the reviews on the Amazon page.
    >
    > mack
    > austin
    >

    > "noahd34@rcn.com" <noahd34@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I am shopping for a 20- or 21-inch 4:3 LCD TV for my dorm room. Most if
    > > not all of what I'll be watching is traditional-format, non-widescreen
    > > coaxial cable, videotapes or DVD. I understand that the picture on an
    > > LCD is less crisp than that of a CRT set, but would like to choose a
    > > brand and type that minimizes pixelation. Thanks in advance for
    > > suggestions.

    I bought a Sylvania 15" LCD TV set for my office desk from Amazon. Model #
    6615LE. $289.94 with free shipping. Nothing fancy but does the job. Good
    picture and the price is right. Read the reviews on the Amazon page.

    mack
    austin

    "noahd34@rcn.com" <noahd34@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am shopping for a 20- or 21-inch 4:3 LCD TV for my dorm room. Most if
    > not all of what I'll be watching is traditional-format, non-widescreen
    > coaxial cable, videotapes or DVD. I understand that the picture on an
    > LCD is less crisp than that of a CRT set, but would like to choose a
    > brand and type that minimizes pixelation. Thanks in advance for
    > suggestions.

HDTV TV LCD Home Theatre Product