dbzfan1000

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
I have had my laptop for about 2 months now, and its an AMAZING laptop (hp pavilion dv7 1130 us), but the only problem im having is that the 250GB HDD is too small and im down to 60GB left.

Now I was thinking of buying http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152114This 500GB HDD, im just wondering of it will fit in the laptop, I might seem paranoid because it DOES say its a notebook HDD, but I dont want to drop a hundred dollars and find out the HDD wont fit in my laptop.

HVDynamo

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
The size standard is pretty set for 2.5 Drives, so the only thing you would need to worry about is the height of the new drive as that can vary sometimes, and under the spec it says it is the standard 9.5mm height, and one of the reviews said they mounted it in a macbook pro, which considering the thin nature of macbook pros I would be 99% sure the drive would bolt into your new computer without any issues. My only other concern would be to make sure that your computer uses SATA for the Hard Drive, but if its only 2 months old there is a 99% chance that it is SATA as well. My vote, Don't worry about it, buy the drive and it should work just fine. Also, buy a 2.5" external USB 2.0 enclosure and drop that 250GB Drive in there for some additional external storage. Good Luck!

jeteryankees22

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2008
Yes that will fit, given it is a sata hard drive. Use Acronis or a similar cloning program along with a usb to IDE/SATA device to clone your drive...Wipe it and put it in an external enclosure like HVD said and you'll be all set, with 250GB extra!