m2n sli deluxe + Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, compatible?

i-win

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2006
Hi, im having a few problems with my ram (Kingston HyperX DDR2 800 KHX6400D2LLK2) on my (M2n sli-delux) motherboard.
The issue is when I put in all 4 gigs in, it can only clock it at “677 MHz”. But, if I put one stick in it clocks it at 800 MHz.
I played around with the bios setting for my ram so I could clock it at 800 MHz but when I reboot my computer I get “beeping sounds” meaning the ram is not running at 800 MHz.
I ruled out that it was my ram sticks, because they run fine on every slot, individually, and two at a time. I even managed to burn out two of my ram slots when I was tweaking the bios. So when I got my new mobo from asus, I was scared that I was going to mess it up again, and I didn’t want to go though the hassle of R.M.A’ing my mobo (I don’t know how long other peoples RAM’s take but I live in los angels. It took over a month to get my new mobo with UPS ground.

Now it’s been six months and im thinking of getting this problem fixed because of the new games coming out and I want to get a few more frame rates. So I wanted to know if anyone has the same problem as me. Also, I haven’t called asus yet, but I’ll do it tomorrow.

If it helps my system specks are:
Vista ultimate
M2n sli deluxe
Amd am2 62-fx
2 8800gtx sli
BFG Physx card
2 raptorX - raid 0
4 gigs Kingston HyperX DDR2 800
1000w power slupply

Ynuyasha

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
hy, i have the same MB.First i had 2x1GB DDR2-800mhz, then 4GB and same problem.it takes to much to explane why for "this problem" but try another bios (version 1302,1405) ..it worked for me!! ;)

if u try to downgrade the switch is:
"/F" or the complete SENTENCE
"Awdflash xxxx.bin /py /sn /f" (xxxx.bin is the name of your new BIOS, and without the " )

TRENDING THREADS