my burner takes a long time to speed up

brendin

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
reading or writing, my brand new 22x Samsung S223Q starts about 5x and slowly speeds up throughout the process it almost never even gets to 14x by the time it finishes, how do i get it to start at full 16x and stay going fast [or faster is not a problem for me :)], it doesnt matter which program i use (roxio 2009, dvd decrypter, dvd shrink, dvd cloner), my HDD and computer are defiantly not bottlenecking it

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Try updating the firmware. Thats one of the first thing I did with mine, I believe I have the same model as you (2 of them actually), im too lazy to double check but the number looks familar. Going off memory there are 2 types of firmware for it, one is for US I think and the other international. I got the international one off newegg and I live in the US. To check go to my computer, than properties of your drive, hardware, select your drive, and finally the dvd region. If you see a bunch of options chances are it's international, if not and it says United States, well its the US version.

At least thats how I think it works to find out. Or you can do what I did and DL the US one first and try it to see if it works, and if it doesn't say a few choice words at the computer and give up hope for awhile till you say oh well and try the international. I know thats how I did things :D