Cannot run YENC

theswede2010

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
i installed yenc32 to decode newgroup folders and when i try to use it by highlighting the files and pressing decode, it gives me the error: cannot execute program. It's as though the program is not installed. I've reinstalled it twice with the same result. what gives???

If you must, turn off the fire wall and antivirus. Install yenc32, restart the computer and turn fire wall, antivirus back on.
Be aware that yenc (not signed as safe by microsoft) contains several security vulnerabilities. Your firewall and antivirus probably identify it as a security risk, and prevent it from installing. Be aware that downloading files with this application can infect your computer. :non:

theswede2010

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
I've used this program before but had to reformat because of other problems. I'll give your advice a try and see what happens. I downloaded Newztools as an alternative but I have to decode one folder at a time (by glueing) where as YENC32 let you do all at the folders at the same time. Is there a trick to all of this? THX