the_doctor_46

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
Hello,
In my PC windows 7 was instaled. when I tried to remove it and instal win XP, the installation stopped because some files were missing. Now it won`t to boot no one OS, It just says: No bootable devices..does enybody know what can I do ??? I heard that i can do full format of HDD with some specified programs and then try again, but whitch programs???? thanks in advance

Do you have the full windows XP installation disk (not a recovery disk)? You are going to need that.
After, you are going to download drivers from the computer manufacturer's website, or use a disk that was included with the computer.
Put the XP disk in the drive and start the computer, follow the directions to reformat the drive and install XP.
Well, a lot of people have reported problems trying to do this, but others said that it's easy.

devt333

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
When it says that some files were missing, the problem is usually a bad cd-rom drive or cd. Change cd-rom drive (borrow from a friend).

Now it won't boot because the setup have already overwritten some files. Old OS no longer functional, therefore no bootable device is found.

Also, when downgrading from XP, Vista or 7, it helps to use Zap.com (google it) on a bootable cd (or after booting from a bootable cd). If u do, make sure there is only one hard drive connected, before you type "ZAP 0".