Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Wireless Troubles - Help

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 26, 2009 4:41:20 AM

I currently have a Linksys Wireless G 54G Router hooked up to a mac desktop in one room, and in another room I have a Desktop PC...

The connection to the desktop has always been bad, it disconnects frequently, while a laptop PC can get wireless internet fairly easily.

I was contemplating buying an ethernet bridge, if so, would it help, and if I was to buy one, what type would be compatible with my type of router?


More about : wireless troubles

March 26, 2009 9:06:12 AM

im guessing the house has thick walls or something?

have you tried moving the aerial around on the back of the desktop?

by ethernet bridge do you mean a powerline adaptor? if so then all you need to do is get a pair of them, and its a 30 second plug in, turn on, connect the plugs to your router and desktop and away you go.

the adaptors themselves are pretty generic, i run mine from downstairs from my modem, to my room upstairs and connect it to my router.

what i would say is if you are going to buy a set, do so from a shop with a decent return policy, just so in the event that it doesnt work you can always take it back, but from my personal experience it was so simple to get working.
March 26, 2009 8:56:24 PM

hmmm, i think were talking about the same thing, i was looking around best buy and it was called an ethernet bridge, but yea, not sure why my desktop doesnt work but laptops can get internet