Help! Can't Open a Folder Anymore

After a bout with some viruses I had to install a new C drive and move my old
C drive to a secondary role. I was able to access all the old C drive
folders and files except for the main Documents and Setting folder I was
using before. Now when I try to access this folder on the new D drive I get

I can not move any files to it. Properties says the folder is Read Only but
it only reverts to Read Only after I change the setting.

Any ideas? Maybe the virus altered some unknown setting?
--
Thanks Dave
1 answer Last reply

    "Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
    Some days you''re the windshield.
    Some days you''re the bug.

    "Dave" wrote:

    > After a bout with some viruses I had to install a new C drive and move my old
    > C drive to a secondary role. I was able to access all the old C drive
    > folders and files except for the main Documents and Setting folder I was
    > using before. Now when I try to access this folder on the new D drive I get
    >
    > I can not move any files to it. Properties says the folder is Read Only but
    > it only reverts to Read Only after I change the setting.
    >
    > Any ideas? Maybe the virus altered some unknown setting?
    > --
    > Thanks Dave

Read Only Microsoft Windows XP