Sign in with
Your question

AMD Delays High-End Phenoms, Introduces Low Power Version - Page 2

Last response: in CPUs
January 11, 2008 12:10:24 AM

I hope amd is thinking ahead, they should be busting ass to get to 45nm, and only dedicate some of their resources to fixing the 65nm mess, well on a positive note those new ati cards are sweet.
January 11, 2008 12:37:11 AM

reconviperone1 said:
I hope amd is thinking ahead, they should be busting ass to get to 45nm, and only dedicate some of their resources to fixing the 65nm mess, well on a positive note those new ati cards are sweet.

Yeah they really are 'busting ass' getting to 45nm... in 2009. :sarcastic: 

Apparently, that is 'on schedule'. I've always wanted a version of AMD's calender. :whistle: 
January 11, 2008 1:33:42 AM

I wish my teachers would let me turn in assignments on "AMD Time"!

Lower power usage is great for servers that need to be low power more then high performance.

I am not in that market though, and I need AMD to drive Intel prices down so I can get a cheap quad in the summer.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 11, 2008 1:37:53 AM

Gravemind123 said:
I wish my teachers would let me turn in assignments on "AMD Time"!

ROFL

Yes Mrs. Smith, I will get that assignment to you sometime in early Q1 (well, actually you'll get it near the end of Q2, hope you don't mind bugs!).
January 11, 2008 2:30:08 AM

The Phenom/barcy is garbage,good,so AMD should now just stand in a corner and die.For the short time that I have been here the talk is of the same thing.Every man,woman and lama knows the state of AMD,they are fighting there a$s off to get back on track,which they will.Yet you kick around the same stuff .AMD is broke and is doing everything and anything to get solvent and if folks here can't see that then you (plural) are blind.Compition is what keeps your lovely Intel giving you those cpu's inwhich you love
January 11, 2008 4:18:23 PM

ro3dog said:
The Phenom/barcy is garbage,good,so AMD should now just stand in a corner and die.For the short time that I have been here the talk is of the same thing.Every man,woman and lama knows the state of AMD,they are fighting there a$s off to get back on track,which they will.Yet you kick around the same stuff .AMD is broke and is doing everything and anything to get solvent and if folks here can't see that then you (plural) are blind.Compition is what keeps your lovely Intel giving you those cpu's inwhich you love

AMD keeps screwing up, we keep talking about it. If you don't want to hear how CRAPPY AMD is doing right now then I recommend you go to AMDZone.
January 11, 2008 6:39:25 PM

ro3dog said:

Learntousespacesinadditiontopunctuation.Alsoconsiderusinglinefeeds.Thankyouforyourattention.
January 11, 2008 8:09:06 PM

keithlm said:
Learntousespacesinadditiontopunctuation.Alsoconsiderusinglinefeeds.Thankyouforyourattention.

Basterdized english (written or oral) is my first language.
      • 2 / 2
!