Sign in with
Your question

Wolfdale availability - Where you can find them

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 10, 2008 10:31:45 AM

Thought it might be useful to have a thread listing places in different countries where Wolfdales are either available or on preorder.

UK
Pre-order
http://www.meshcomputers.com/Default.aspx?PAGE=COMPONEN... Side note - Rude buggers and they also refuse to say when they will be available and how many they will have

US
You need only look on froogle.com to see lots of store where it's available for preorder. Not seen anywhere that actually has stock.

Germany
Don't understand German but there seem to be a few available to preorder.
http://geizhals.at/eu/a303349.html

Australia
Some stock and some on pre-order
http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=1...
http://www.megaware.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cP...
http://pcmaniacs.com.au/cpu-intel-775-c-21_29.html

Someone even has their ES 8400 on sale on Ebay if you're that desperate!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Intel-core-2-duo-E8400_W0QQitemZ1...

If you find any additional places in the UK to preorder or any other places worldwide where they're available to buy feel free to post :) 
January 10, 2008 1:49:58 PM

I would beg to differ with the statement that they are in stock in Australia or anywhere. It's still 11 days prior to the announced release date.
Related resources
January 10, 2008 8:12:25 PM

I wonder if they were ES chips or pre-release to journalists. I would be quite surprised if they were generally available to the retail public at this time.
January 10, 2008 8:59:40 PM

Well there's no reason to suspect they're lying.

Shops do sometimes sell products earlier. You don't honestly think that on the 19th all the stock will arrive and then on the 20th it'll go out for sale now do you?

Someone in Singapore even nabbed one too

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1834...

Some also available on the Australian Ebay site.
January 10, 2008 10:42:55 PM

It's all very interesting as it seems that it pays to have friends in the computer hardware channel. Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it. However, I would not touch one of these CPUs that was listed on an auction site as it would be very difficult to ascertain if it had been cooked within an inch of its life.
January 10, 2008 11:24:18 PM

306maxi said:
Well there's no reason to suspect they're lying.

Shops do sometimes sell products earlier. You don't honestly think that on the 19th all the stock will arrive and then on the 20th it'll go out for sale now do you?

Someone in Singapore even nabbed one too

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1834...

Some also available on the Australian Ebay site.

Actually, Yes............
Much Like Books and similar.
They will be help by major distributors until close to the release date and then received by various retailers shortly after that.

Of course there will be chips that slip out the back door.
Theft/"Borrowing" or other gray areas.

I doubt any retailers are shipping these off to regular customers.
Too much of a threat of legal action by a number of parties.
January 10, 2008 11:35:57 PM

Like that Johny Cash song about the guy who works on the GM asembly line and he sneaks out all the parts for a Cadilac over 20 years!

I dont know how the guys who work at Intel (are you reading Justin, JK and others) resist the temptation to have a 9775 just happen to fall into a pocket on the way out!
January 11, 2008 4:04:15 AM

Hmm... should I risk waiting until release day and trying to snag one from the retailers I'm used to?
January 11, 2008 5:04:14 AM

I admit I was impressed with the Xbitlabs article on the dual core Wolfdales. Their thermals and benchmarks make me want to wait for the 45nm Phenom's in May. AMD might not do as well, but the process shrink should make a difference.

Were I planning on a new dual core with a new motherboard, I think I'd go Wolfdale but I really want quad this spring (or summer, or fall, the way AMD's going). Plus, I already have those ASUS 690G boards that are good to go.
January 11, 2008 10:28:40 AM

zenmaster said:
Actually, Yes............
Much Like Books and similar.
They will be help by major distributors until close to the release date and then received by various retailers shortly after that.

Of course there will be chips that slip out the back door.
Theft/"Borrowing" or other gray areas.

I doubt any retailers are shipping these off to regular customers.
Too much of a threat of legal action by a number of parties.

Wow. Can you not just accept that these places have stock in numbers and are dumb enough to actually sell before they should? I somehow doubt that these companies would be selling stolen stock. If anyone does come down on them they'll claim ignorance and promise to be a good boy in the future. Meanwhile they've been able to inflate the price of their product and make money from it.

It's quite common in places like Australia where it takes lots of time to ship stuff via ship for stock to land there earlier so on launch day there is stock and it's not still on a ship.
January 11, 2008 1:15:46 PM

I'm prety sure that CPUs are shiped to DownUnda by air. Also the manufacterers have agrements with their distributors to make sure that stuff isnt released before the specefied dates.
January 11, 2008 1:37:11 PM

OlSkoolChopper said:
I'm prety sure that CPUs are shiped to DownUnda by air. Also the manufacterers have agrements with their distributors to make sure that stuff isnt released before the specefied dates.

I don't doubt their are agreements but the fact of the matter is that th CPU's are out there in the wild.
January 11, 2008 2:20:47 PM

If thats the case and it prety well sounds like it then I can stop wishin and prayin for Yorkies on Jan. 20. Looks like their coming out later. Damn. I was realy hopin I could get one this month. Oh well. Looks like I'll be a proud E84 owner! :) 
January 11, 2008 2:41:40 PM

OlSkoolChopper said:
If thats the case and it prety well sounds like it then I can stop wishin and prayin for Yorkies on Jan. 20. Looks like their coming out later. Damn. I was realy hopin I could get one this month. Oh well. Looks like I'll be a proud E84 owner! :) 

Spoke to someone at overclockers.co.uk today and he said they should be on preorder tonight or early next week for release on the 21st. Mesh have taken their E8400 down and were saying earlier today that they would have stock mid Feb. A bunch of clueless twits if there ever was one!

I shall be pressing F5 lots on their site! :) 
January 11, 2008 7:35:27 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if many retailers started selling a few days early. Hopefully they start popping up for sale in the US this next week.
January 11, 2008 9:18:49 PM

OlSkoolChopper said:

I don't think it's likely but this hints at there not being a delay for the Quads but I still this they will be delayed.

http://forums.hexus.net/yoyotech-care-hexus/127988-inte...
January 11, 2008 11:07:41 PM

That dude seems to be convenced that the Yorkies are on the 20th. Hot damn. Please please please let it be true!
January 14, 2008 1:25:18 PM

ANy update on release dates or places to preordeR?
January 14, 2008 1:27:40 PM

Jan. 20 for the Wolfies for sure. Preorder almost everywhere. Ncix Canada and USA have them. Go to a shopping engine and key in E8400 and a whole whack will come up.
January 14, 2008 1:35:17 PM

I just put BX80570E8400A into google and half the etailers in the known world showd up. :) 
January 14, 2008 1:43:32 PM

Yes but they're not in the UK ;) 
January 14, 2008 2:21:33 PM

306maxi said:
Yes but they're not in the UK ;) 

Ya. Just notced that. Lots of other You'reAPeein countries but not the UK. Well... it rains there too much anyway. Move. :lol: 
January 14, 2008 4:24:17 PM

OlSkoolChopper said:
Ncix Canada and USA have them.

I don't think the US site has them (ncixus.com). I just searched for e8400 and nothing came up. The Candian site has them, with US checkout option, but they don't accept American credit cards.

Do you think its necessary to pre-order? I found the E8400 online for $199 with $8 shipping, ETA Jan 21st. But I've never heard of PCs For Everyone, so I'm a little weary. I'd rather get it from someplace like Newegg, tigerdirect, ncixus, etc...
January 14, 2008 5:17:14 PM

I havent heard anythng about Wolfies being shorted on suply so I would think preorder is not realy necesary. I'm 99% sure to buy one on Day One, but Im not preorderng. If it ends up costing me an extra $10 then so be it. Its worth it.
January 14, 2008 5:19:21 PM

OlSkoolChopper said:
Ya. Just notced that. Lots of other You'reAPeein countries but not the UK. Well... it rains there too much anyway. Move. :lol: 

lol

Preordering a E8400? Shouldn't be necessary, intel has had time to manufacture a butt load of these with the delay of the yorkies (I could be wrong, just an opinion). If ya wana sleep soundly at night, a preorder might help with that. I myself am just gona keep checking various sites each day, and the first mofo dealer who has them for sale gets my doe. I need my drugs.... My E8400! I am getting twitchy and sweaty :ouch: 
January 14, 2008 7:34:19 PM

A multiplier of 6? Why would anyone want something that limited.
January 14, 2008 9:25:00 PM

LAN_deRf_HA said:
A multiplier of 6? Why would anyone want something that limited.

The E8400 has a multiplier of 9.
January 15, 2008 10:48:06 AM

closed_deal said:
As of today in the UK you can pre-order all 3 of them at :

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?&groupid=...

That went live last night.

Don't buy from OCUK. They are one of the worst companies around for customer service and price.

E8400
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/139971 2 in stock at the time of posting and a helluva lot cheaper than OCUK and you won't be supporting a company that is world famous for spouting racist and homophobic views on it's forums :) 
January 15, 2008 11:05:04 AM

Blimey i looked at that link and their were none left :(  . How'd you find out about ebuyer having some in stock?

Haven't read Ocuk's forums, i'm just going by the service i've had so far from them ;) .
January 15, 2008 11:56:21 AM

closed_deal said:
Blimey i looked at that link and their were none left :(  . How'd you find out about ebuyer having some in stock?

Haven't read Ocuk's forums, i'm just going by the service i've had so far from them ;) .

Put "OCUK racist" into google and see what comes up!

I've been doing nothing for the last few weeks but looking on UK e-tailer sites for where I could get an E8400. Seriously I must have visited ebuyer and other sites about 50-60 times each in the last few weeks.
January 15, 2008 1:30:14 PM

Hmm most of it's speculation, but i'll take your word for it :??: .

Lol - i know what you mean i've been looking for e-stores abroad who deliver to the UK, but not searching in the UK itself :whistle: .
January 15, 2008 1:47:25 PM

I did find a few threads on their forum and it was weird stuff. Talking about how slavery wasn't that bad and other such things which were rather off.

Problem is when you look overseas you find a cheap CPU and then to find the postage costs you have to create an account sometimes and this takes time and then you find out they don't ship internationally and even when they do it takes too much time and you run the risk of customs whacking VAT onto your order and if something ever goes wrong you have to send it back to the US for warranty.

I ordered an E8400 last night and it should be with me tomorrow. Praise jebus for companies who are ignoring the scheduled shipping date or who just don't know! :) 

Ebuyer took theirs down. I wonder if they realised that they're not supposed to be selling them just yet.
January 15, 2008 4:48:32 PM

Dude, slavery shoud be brougth back and you can let peopel opt into it. Sign a contract for 10 years of slavery in exchage for 3 squares, nice bed, medical coverege and a pension plan. Youd have a lineup! :) 
January 15, 2008 5:50:44 PM

Slavery is a good form of punishment for those who cannon't afford to pay debts. It was long used in countries for that purpose...
Of course owning blacks as slaves just because they had darker skin was immoral and wrong, as is beating or abusing slaves! Thus the world looks down apon any form of slavery now, and people just don't pay their bills anymore (welcome bankruptcy) w00t!

Still looking for the E8400 to come on sale at some US site =0 I have a bad feeling there won't be any until later this week =,(
January 15, 2008 6:05:12 PM

gamebro said:
Slavery is a good form of punishment for those who cannon't afford to pay debts. It was long used in countries for that purpose...
Of course owning blacks as slaves just because they had darker skin was immoral and wrong, as is beating or abusing slaves! Thus the world looks down apon any form of slavery now, and people just don't pay their bills anymore (welcome bankruptcy) w00t!

Still looking for the E8400 to come on sale at some US site =0 I have a bad feeling there won't be any until later this week =,(

Theya re due for release on Monday. So you might not see any for sale until Monday itself.
January 15, 2008 9:04:17 PM

Hey, 10 year slavery contracts are not just for peopel of one race! We're equal oportunity slaveowners! I'll bet ya youd have people of every race jumping at the chance for the benefits and the relaese of worry about money. Hell, i might consider it too if there was a "no beating" clause. Or if the one doin the whipping was wearing a leather bikini. :)  I too will bet that Wolfies will be going out the door of a lot of etailers on Monday!
January 15, 2008 9:58:38 PM

Huzzah found somewhere to buy the E8400 getting getting it on Thurs ;) .

As for slavery i thought that was basically marriage :p . It's a contract for life, and you have a purty woman awaiting your beckoned call. Can't really be worse than being single with no slave :) .
January 16, 2008 6:55:01 PM

Dude its obvios that youve never been married. A purty woman awaitng your beckoned call? Where did you see that, on Ozzy and Hariet or Leave it to Beaver? Chix today will castrate ya the first time you look at them funny then run off and go do your cousin.

Er... Not speakng from personal experience... :) 
January 16, 2008 7:04:01 PM

LOL!

Hey, closed_deal.....care to share where you found that E8400 for sale? =D
January 16, 2008 10:28:11 PM

Twas at Lambda-Tek but they went all out yesters i just missed it by 5 mins :( .

Lol @ OlSkoolChooper. Nah i ain't planning on getting married yet, too young wanting to spend too much on myself ;) . It's only British lasses i think that wanna castrate you (sharp teeth), but a well behaved non-european should cater for your needs :p .
January 17, 2008 1:16:05 AM

I work at microcenter and we have them in were just not selling them till the release date..
January 17, 2008 3:35:05 AM

Where the hell did I get 6 from.
January 21, 2008 5:00:53 PM

Did these get delayed again? I thought today was the release date.
January 21, 2008 7:03:36 PM

I got one, thanks for the update turbo
February 2, 2008 7:23:18 PM

im from france and didnt have the patience to preorder online (they are poorly marked anyway, its not certain to arrive at that date (if a date is stated!))... the prices are also rising towards 200 euros (like 300 dollars) so i ended up just buying a E6750 for 139 euros (they E8400 was supposed to be the upgrade from the E6750 for the same price... but at 61 euros price difference the E6750 is quite an economic chip)

kinda sad that i wont have an E8400 though. :( 
!