Copy boot CD files to USB

jcaliboy

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
I'm testing imaging products. I'd like to make my USB drive a "boot disc".

In Acronis (pricey) this is an option, and it works. But my 30-day trial is expiring.

In EASEUS (free!), the only option is to make a boot CD, and that works. But I cannot copy those boot CD files to my USB drive.

MY QUESTION: :heink:

How can I copy the files from the EASEUS boot CD on to my USB drive so I can boot from it?

I have tried simply copying - no luck. I have tried UNetootin, tried Folder2ISO, neither worked.

It seems like it should be easy (since the boot CD itself is working). Anyone have any suggestions for how to get those files working on a USB flash drive?

Thanks!

At the risk of falling into the category of "The blind leading the blind" I offer this tidbit of information in the hope that it actually helps...

I have used a file/program known as "HPUSBFW.EXE" that formats a USB memory stick to be bootable. After formatting, it will allow system boot files to be copied to the mem stick to boot with. If you "Google" this filename above, you will find many places to download it from. The file was released by HP.

I have played with the program and USB flashdrives extensively, actually loading Windows XP Pro to boot and run from the flashdrive. This took a bit of editing of a setup file to accomplish, but it worked. Maybe formatting your USB flash drive with this will help.

Good Luck.

abasan

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

visit this link:
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2007/10/16/how-to-make-a-usb-flash-drive-bootable/

TRENDING THREADS