Do you think a NVIDIA 9 series card will fit in a Mid size case?

I want to make sure before i actually buy a NVIDIA Geforce 9 Series card. The full cases are alot more money then mid size cases too so that will add more to my budget.
-Thanks
10 answers Last reply
More about nvidia series card size case
  1. We can't tell until they come out. However, they probably will, since boards don't seem to get bigger from series to series.
  2. I know you cant tell me.... but just abit of a guess.
  3. Also by any chance do you know what kind of power supply i would need? a 750watt right and how many amps?
  4. They'll probably be about the same size as current 8 series cards. Although the GX2 looks pretty beastly.

I think if your case can fit a GTX your probably in the safe zone.
  5. Is it just me or the huge 9800GX2 does seem to extend beyond the standard motherboard?

http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/01/05/exclusive_nvidia_geforce_9800gx2
  6. imnotageek said:
    Is it just me or the huge 9800GX2 does seem to extend beyond the standard motherboard?

http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/01/05/exclusive_nvidia_geforce_9800gx2

Good eyes.
    Yes, it seems that way. On my PC for example, I may need to move my hard-drives because that's where the drives stick-out. My case should have enough space after the drive moving.
  7. holy monkey! those are HUGE> oh, in teh pic it says 7950gx2 at bottom, anyone else catch that? i think if i go intel/nvidia i should get a cosmos...its the only sexy case that will fit those behemoths!
  8. patater said:
    holy monkey! those are HUGE> oh, in teh pic it says 7950gx2 at bottom, anyone else catch that? i think if i go intel/nvidia i should get a cosmos...its the only sexy case that will fit those behemoths!

Typo perhaps ... I certainly do not own a 7950gx2 either to verify that ... lol.
  9. I dont know if a 8800GTX can fit in my case.... im using a 8500GT right now.
  10. The 8800GTX/Ultra are about 270mm long in the pcb, but that's an estimate from left over packaging. I don't have any of these cards at the moment to measure.

For reference:
    The 8800GTS320/640 are about 230mm long in the pcb, plus another 10mm for 6-pin socket. (Don't have a GTS256/512 to measure).

The release notch on the PCI-E slot is around 145mm (5 3/4")from the back of the case, so scaling this to the photos, it is about 63-64mm, making the whole 9900GX2 close to 270mm, which is the same as the current GTX/Ultras.

8500GT is a short card, so you will need at least 270mm (10 3/4") from the blanks in the back of the case to your drive bays. You may want to allow another 12mm (1/2") for getting the card in/out of the board and case, and clearance for cabling.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Cases Geforce Graphics