Can't get Linksys router to work with AT&T DSL

G

sorry to post such a lame question on here, but I'm really struggling setting up my router with my AT&T DSL. I found a similar post, but couldn't figure out how to do what they were saying. I'm kind of a computer idiot, but from what I can tell there are some serious problems setting up routers with AT&T modems. I have a Motorola modem and a Linksys BEFSR41 router (wired only). When I set everything up, my computer says that my connection is working fine, but then I can;t connect to the internet at all. I'm a total noob when it comes to reconfiguring IP addresses and stuff like that. Can someone help me in terms that my computer-illiterate brain can handle. Thanks in advance, and sorry again to the noobish post.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
try holding the reset button on the router to reset it to defaults. power it off and on w\ the modem. try again.

login to the router and see if there is a ''status'' menu. Click it, and if it is showing 0.0.0.0 or 192.168.x.x do a dhcp renew until you get an outside ip address.

If this doesn't work... idk. kick it.

francisdtan

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I RECENTLY BOUGHT A 3COM OFFICECONNECT ADSL MODEM/WIRELESS ROUTER 3CRWDR101B-75, EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE OK WHEN I TURNED IT ON, WENT TO 192.168.1.1 TO CONFIGURE THE MODEM FROM LAN, WIRELESS & INTERNET CONNECTION, BUT AFTER THE LED LIGHTS FOR SYNC & ONLINE WONT LIGHT UP. MY DSL IS USING DYNAMIC IP, DSL MODE I USED WAS PPPoE, VPI=0 VCI=35 BRIDGED LLC, I TRIED TO RESET THE MODEM BUT STILL WONT CONNECT TO MY AT&T DSL....PLEASE HELP