PSU died?

Nebby

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
I done a search in forum for answer. Didn't get a answer for my psu. I have a Turbolink Switching pwer supply Model: LC-A420 atx Voltage 115/230V +3.3V 17A +5 25A +12 14A +12 14A -12v 1.0A -5 1.0A +5Vsb 3.0A I dont see a UL sticker but a CSA lvl 3 on the sticker. I bought exactly 11 months ago No problems what so ever in using it with machine. I turned it off last night before i went to bed then before i started it back up I took a can of air to the inside of case didnt fool with inside of PSU and then tried to start it back up and lights would come on in case like it was booting up but No video. my XTX 7600XT 256 GRR3 the fan on it it click like it wasnt getting enough current to it. or Fan going dead.

I have another comp it is AMD socket A 1gig thunderbird 768 Memory PC 133 ATA 9600 256 memory 80 gig harddrive 1 CD no floppy running on a 250W PSU Ive had it since 2001 or 2002 Runs great but i put another harddrive form my new machine and I guess it was to much for it because It kept freezing. So i Put the 420W PSU in it and it woul act like it was booting up but No video. If Anyone has any help for me it would be great. thanks in advance.

My better comp is AMD 3800X2 Socket 478 i think the socket it is. the one before AM2 512meg DDR XTX 7600XT 256 GRR3, 120 GIG harddrive. DVD burner and CDRW motherboard is ECS elitegroups with VIA north south bridge 1 Onboard 10/100/1000 and 1 extra 10/100 network adapter 1 Dial up modem atm waiting for My cable company to finish running lines for Broadband again. It ran great when i turned it off last night. Just wish i could figure it out.

randomizer

Champion
I doubt you could damage anything with compressed air without shoving the can onto a resistor or something. Try reseating the video card and the power connector for it if it has one. Also did the computer beep at all when you turned it on?

Nebby

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
Yeah it was 2 pulse beeps Its done that since ive had the comp. the hard drive light comes on like the hard drive is working but then it seems like it resets because it will do the 2 pulse beeps again and then the hard drive light stops. Going to see if I can borrow a PSU from my cousin and check to see if its the board or any other component. Was thinking maybe Clean out the PSU and see if that works Would take the cover off see if anything burnt out in it but don't want to void the warranty if it has one that is

Nebby

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
lol well I shorted out the CMOS no video still. Took out the battery left it out for 30seconds just in case. No video. I took the panel off the PSU i didnt see anything burnt on the board or any capacitors busted. Guess the last thing to do it put another PSU in the system to see if that is whats causing it. only thing is only PSU i have extra is the 250w pSU dont think it would run it. Have to wait til friend brings his to try it out

Nebby

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
lol well I tried the 250 watt psu today and nothing. would act like it is turning on but would just keep rebooting

Nebby

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
OK dont think its the powersupply I got the 420w to work in the other PC. SO i hooked ti back up and no beeps or anything I Took out the video card and it sounded like it was booting up.

TRENDING THREADS