AMD has bottomed - thank god!

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
I am calling a bottom on amd in a bear market

1st the intel lawsuits should give amd the time to straiten out their problems, look for new stepping in a few months.
2nd i am selling amd again after ..... well..ok.. fine fx-60 really! The ati buy out is going to pay off for amd now.

ok look for amd to hold $6 and trade up to $8 over the next few months - soon as amd releases good news it will travel back to 15 slowly.

amd will bounce off 10 then 15

after that it will fall back in the 12-13 area

look for amd to trade in the 12-15 area this summer

YW!

ps - i just read a post on the 3870 x2 - it rocks 1250p sdmark06 of 9k vs. 7.5k for the 8800GTS

as i predicted the 3870 X2 crossfire will beat out both the dual 9800 card and the 9800GTX

nvidia is hidding the 9800GTX while they figure out how to beat the 2 gpu on on pcb solution - the ati solution is both technically faster, better to cool and cheaper to make. this technology was proven last with the dual gpu 1950 pro by sapphire.

nvidia is holding back the 9800GTX

the 780i 3way is doomed by the third lane at pci-e1.1 speeds, the third card is only 20% effecient

quad and triple crossfire should help amd

dual hd 3870 X2 with intel chips clocked to 4.2-4.5ghz will rule this year with 3dmark06 scores over 25k

nvidia stock will fall by 50%

endyen

Splendid
The ati buy out is going to pay off for amd now.
So you think the massive profits ATI had before the buyout will put AMD in the pink?
Thier best quarter ever was ~ $50M.
That will probably not cover the interest on the buyout loan.
AMD's biggest problem is thier distance to profitability. They have to cover the capex on Fab 36 and the cash paid out for ATI, before they can break even.
Having said that, Hector has a plan, so it's all good right?
Personnally, I'd say $20 by nov., but only if I dont buy any shares.

spoonboy

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
Even if ati dont deliver bumper profits, them potentially moving into the black will represent positive news for the ATI/AMD group, something lacking of late. A boost to investor confidence, reduction in investor/market unconfidence. To be brutally frank, things cant get much worse for AMD, so the bottom could represent something like todays share price.

fx51

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2007
I few years ago (2002-2003) AMD shares were around $3 usd i decide to spend my $$ in another place .. a few years later they rise to almost $30. No good for me, but at least i was happy with my FX 51 by the time.

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006

Nvidia also has triple sli, and the only way triple/quad sli/crossover will help either company is you need to buy more cards. BUT does quad crossfire even sound practical? Triple doesnt even seem realistic, and i have yet to try sli/crossfire for myself. I DOUBT even the rich people will try the quad crossfire (you know the money burners where they ask you to help them burn money on their rig).

The intel chips that people would be buying would hurt AMD (maybe even hurt as much as the profit of the new cards), and yes that is stating the obvious.

Over how many years is this? Even if no one bought Nvidia i dont think this would happen over a year.

I am hoping AMD catches up, It is time Nvidia lowered those 8800 ultra prices, I haven't seen a single price reduction in the GTX or Ultra prices and the new GTS is literally right next to GTX speeds for $100 less, and yet people continue to buy GTX's.

I hope AMD puts 3 Gpu's on one PCB for their high end, that would for sure totally own nvidia's next high end card.

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
You know what i just hit 18 do you think this is the time to invest in AMD? shoot if i invested now and they made a severe come back that somehow Nvidia went bankrupt, i could end up rich.

spoonboy

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007

Your wrong about quad cross-fire and rich people mate, there is ALWAYS some rich guy who will try the latest and greatest thing. Quad crossfire wont need an inch thick power cable for your pc for a start lol which is one advantage. Just 3/4 inch :)

spoonboy

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
Plus I think part of the idea is you could start off with one card and just keep adding as your budget allows. You dont have to splash on the complete setup all at once.

G

Crossfire doesn't require 4 of hte same card the way SLI does.

Also, because AMD rebounds one day does not mean its hit bottom. Show me at least 2 weeks without closing below where it opens and I may believe its hit bottom...

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006

:ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: What? I didnt know that, But surely there has to be a problem with that, (i dont know all the ATI cards so ima use Nvidia) So assuming Nvida's sli was like crossfire, If i Slied a Geforce 7950 GX2 with a Geforce 8800 GTX wouldn't there be A serious problem somewhere?

Hence my earlier comment: It's a Dead Cat Bounce.

ap90033

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006

3870 better than 8800? http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/11/15/amd_radeon_hd_3800/page15.html
looks like the 3870 so quite a bit slower? Could you post some benchmarks or facts to back this up? I really dont care who is better based on someones opinion. I am not a fan boy, I am a gamer so facts, price vs performance is what rules here..

PS- you sound like an ati/amd fanboy fyi... Give us some facts hard evidence, links to legit reviews and actual benchmarks comparing the two...

Oh and I could care less about 3dmark I like actual game benchys... Also are you comparing the 8800gtx single gpu to the 3870 that has dual gpu's on it? If you are LOL I would hope it would be at least a little faster since it has twice the GPU's LOL LOL LOL

Oh and everywhere I have read mentioned that the 780i 3rd lane isnt even close to being saturated so who cares?

bfellow

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
3870X2 is trying to compete with 9800GX2 not the "old" 8800GTS. I've yet to see a dual 1950 pro in any pertinent benchmark.

The 2900XT did really well in 3dmark scores but was horrible as a high-end card compared to 8800GTX in performance/watt and overall performance

spoonboy

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007

In your brain perhaps yes lol

on a more serious note, I think ive seen a 2900xt crossfired with a 3870, it kinda worked but not perfectly, but i think it showed there was some flexibility in the whole system.

Thanatos421

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007

You still didn't read what he wrote. He's talking about the 3870 x2 vs the soon to be released 9800 dual PCB board AND the yet to be seen 8800 GTX G92 or 9800 GTX(whatever it will be called). So yes, it's a big deal. AMD will have the edge again in high end. I hope this ends up being true as well. This is what AMD needs. Something to call the king of anything right now would be a huge boost for them. The only bad thing about that is they might take the opportunity to over-price these beasts.

spoonboy

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
Nah if the 3870 x2 came out tops i dont think with its parent group being so buggered ati would do that/be allowed to do that by its parent group. i think they would want to gain maximum brownie points all round and price reasonably.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006

Why would you even bother posting garbage like that without some kind of proof to back it up, or are we supposed to believe that the post you read came directly from God?

as i predicted the 3870 X2 crossfire will beat out both the dual 9800 card and the 9800GTX

nvidia is hidding the 9800GTX while they figure out how to beat the 2 gpu on on pcb solution - the ati solution is both technically faster, better to cool and cheaper to make. this technology was proven last with the dual gpu 1950 pro by sapphire.

nvidia is holding back the 9800GTX

Again please provide the proof that your "prediction" is true. I need to see some benchmarks. The ones I currently see show ATI getting crushed on the high end. Sorry, you loose.