Asus P5E sound card problem

purplemonkey

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2004
hi all,

I just built my bro a new system, and used an ASUS P5E mainboard. the mainboard came with a SupremeFX II PCIE sound card, which I installed. Now i've installed vista on the system, I can't get the sound working. I can't find a driver anywhere for this sound board? even from the Asus website. any ideas?

purplemonkey

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2004
I should have mentioned that in the original post, I downloaded those drivers and when I try and install them it say no supported hardware detected. If I look at the list of audio drivers on that web page they don't mention the SupremeFX II anywhere, this is what is confusing me.

jwikholm

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Make sure you have attached your SupremeFX II card to the topmost PCI-E minislot, it doesn't work otherwise!

I reinstalled 3 diff. windows (vista x64, xp x64, xp x86) until I noticed that the problem was not with the drivers but my installation of the card to the wrong PCI-E x1 slot.

I had the exact same error message: no supported hardware detected.

purplemonkey

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2004
ah ha, thank you for that reply. I was thinking of trying this, and have been searching though the manual and the asus website for any information based on slot arrangements. I'll let my bro know, hope he can manage the slot change.

stupid asus, don't know why they don't mention anything in the manual to assist with this sound board! very annoying, and if you ever need help you have to register here there and everywhere just to hope you will hear something! thats why this forum is always my 1st point of call :)

Gerdt

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Hello, I have got the same problem. First I found it very nice that there was a soundcard with this board, but now I have installed the sound card and I don't have sound, just like purplemonkey.

I want to put the audio card in the topmost slot, but the cooler of my 3850 512MB makes this impossible. Does anyone know a solution?