ddarksiderr

Distinguished
May 25, 2007
Okay, first things first. I am a complete nub at overclocking. I have never done it and I want to be 100% sure of what I am doing. That said, heres my story. For my brother's birthday, I built him a computer with the following specs:

■AMD athlon x2 4000+ @ 2.1 ghz
■EVGA 8800 gs superclocked
■2x 1 gb OCZ Reaper(1066)
■and of course, a 780gm-a

I have read a tutorial on overclocking my cpu, and from what I understand, this CPU has a locked multiplier of 10.5. I have to also change my Hyper Transport (multiplier??). That is what is tricking me up. According to said tutorial, it will be present as things like 2x 3x 4x 5x, but in this motherbaord, I can only find a setting called HT Frequency, and the choices are 200 400, and some others, the highest being 1000. Is that what I am looking for. I am trying to hit 2.8 ghz, and according to the tutorial, I should set my HT to 3x(But I already expalined that I don't know what to do about that) and setting the Bus Frequency to 2.66. I do not want to fool with voltages or anything like that. Also, what do I set my memory at?

If anyone has done this same overclock, please help me out. I don't wanna let my bro down.

Thank you in advance!

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
you dont need to start to thread about the same problem. i suggest you close this thread or at least take all the writing over there then close it. because it is quite rude filling up the forum with the same thing.aka spamming.

DundraL

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
I have the same motherboad, so I will warn you
if you overclock on that motherboard YOU MUST SET THE VOLTAGE
if you open the overclocking settings in the bios it will defaullt to 1.55 volts