Your question

Win xp playback option

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
June 3, 2010 9:57:41 AM

hello.

i want to ask how i can go to play back option in sound panel because im usind spdif cable from graphic card to motherboard i have to set spdif as default in playback oftion to get sound please tell me how i can go to playback panel. waiting for reply.

More about : win playback option

June 4, 2010 12:15:16 AM

hamza_93 said:
hello.

i want to ask how i can go to play back option in sound panel because im usind spdif cable from graphic card to motherboard i have to set spdif as default in playback oftion to get sound please tell me how i can go to playback panel. waiting for reply.

Playback for what? Give as many details as possible.
June 4, 2010 11:52:54 AM

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/hamza/My%20Documents/Downloads/soundspeak.jpg

look here is the link and this is sound playback panel in win vista. but i want it in win xp bcuz i want to select spdif option to get sound fron my moniter speakers.
Related resources
June 4, 2010 1:32:27 PM

Look for the speaker icon in the lower right hand of the screen, double click on that, it brings up the sound controls.
Single click on that will just give you the volume control.
Now suppose your speaker icon is missing, we might need to walk you through some other things to get it back, let us know.
June 4, 2010 3:03:51 PM

no i hav a speaker icon but when i open it there is no playback option not even in control panel.
i want to say that may be win xp does not not hav any playback option .so in other case which window is good for gaming.should i install win 7.
June 4, 2010 8:22:14 PM

There is no playback option in the audio software, only the volume controls and speaker settings. What are you trying to do with the audio anyway? The spdif should be included with those audio controls, unless you do not have the correct drivers installed. Maybe your drivers are missing?
What make and model of computer is it? We could help you find the drivers.
I would not install windows 7 for another 3-4 years. XP will be a better operating system for most people, persons who have installed 7 have had trouble with drivers and hardware compatibility. Unless you really want to...you should wait a while.
June 5, 2010 6:01:13 AM

i hav cor 2 due 3 ghz
4 gb ram
xfx 750i sli motherboard
xfx nvidia gts 250 1gb graphic card
500 gb hdd
22" view sonic full hd lcd

first i was using dvi cable and it was connected from graphic card to lcd and other audio cable was connected fom board to lcd to get sound then i replaced dvi with hdmi the res enhanced but there was no sound coming out fron moniter speakers but i can hear sound through headphone people told me to connect spdif cable from motherboard to graphic card and then set it as default in sound control panel but im not able to find any option.
June 6, 2010 4:05:47 AM

You should try to get the audio software from xfx support, they should have an audio diver download on their website.
I don't know what audio comes on the xfx motherboard but you should find out who makes the audio hardware. Then go to the audio hardware manufacturer and try to get the software from them.
If there is no such option from xfx or the audio hardware manufacturer, install an audio card that does have that option and software. You will need to research that.
Seems that you should start with xfx customer support.