Really frustrating crashes. sometimes blue screen BSOD

TheSnappy

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
Hi everyone.

My computer crashes multiple times a day, seemingly at random ( I use windows 7 b4 bit). Sometimes i will get a BSOD and sometimes it will just crash with a buzzing noise coming from my speakers. I have alreayd replaced the gfx card and memory, so I know that is not the problem. Also, I dont know how to upload my dump file to this site.

beenthere

Distinguished
I always recommend the basics to troubleshoot a problem PC. Check all cable connections, re-seat the RAM, Vid card and CPU/heatsink, then run Memtest86 from a floppy, CD or flash drive. If things look OK the test with Prime 95 for at least several hours to check for stability. CPU and GPU temps under heavy load can cause random BSODs as can about a million other issues.

TheSnappy

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
Thanks for the Reply! However, right before i posted this I took everything out and put it back in, except for the cpu and fan. I monitor the temp, so I know that the gfx card istn overheating, but the cpu always shows up a 0 degrees celsius. Obviously that isnt right so I tried a few different programs(HWMonitor, Speedfan, etc.) but the all show 0. I have already run memtest 86 plus from a CD and it show no problems. Ill run Prime 95 tommorrow. Please help me!