WetJustice

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Hi everyone,

I got a little too fancy and deleted the WRONG HD using Disk Management. All my Pictures and school files are on the deleted external HD. I am an idiot. Is there any way for me to get them back? Thanks for any help.

P.S. I am completely freaked out.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I believe there are programs out there that restores files that you have deleted (that is if you didn't overwrite them) which I doubt the disk management did. It may be able to help you retrieve those files, just don't have that external HD plugged in or use it in any way till you find a program that will work. (well at least I think something like this will work)

Hopefully more knowledgable people in this subject will come onto this topic and give you more insight.

WetJustice

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Thanks for the reply. I just unplugged the HD. I can’t sleep until this thing is fixed. I downloaded the GetDataBack demo but don’t want to run it yet. Thanks again.

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
GetDataBack for NTFS has worked for me multiple times, in worst situations (partitions corrupt, lost file system). All your data is in tact, so long as you didn't low-level format the drive. The carpenter adage "measure twice, cut once" is also applicable when it comes to computers. Always double check before you click. And mike99, you're not helpful (although you're right).

WetJustice

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Thanks everyone,

I was trying to remove the partition on C. After installing vista and gutting it all day I got sloppy. Mike99, you are right. I had my files on C and external, but to install Vista and GTA 4 I moved them to make room. BIG MISTAKE. KyleSTL, I downloaded GetDataBack for NTFS and the drive shows.

Should I Recover files onto another HD as to not overwrite data?

You guys are great. Thanks again for all the help.