peterpetter

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2007
I am building a PC and want some input on cases. Right now I am leaning towards the Antec 900, however there seems to be a lot of negative feedback about the case having a bottom mounted power supply. Is the antec 900 really that much of a problem or is there a better case for cooling that I do not know about? thanks any suggestions are welcome.

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Antec Nine Hundred is a god among men, I have it and I worship it. And actually having the PSU on the bottom is a BETTER all around design for cooling, your PSU will run cooler and your system will too, I know mine does.

The only possible thing that may become an issue is if you're PSU has abnormally short cables, in which case the PSU will be at fault, not the great Antec Nine Hundred. ALL HAIL Antec Nine Hundred!

mordenkhai

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
I built two systems with Antec 900 cases, mine and my wife's. We both love them, and I didnt have any problems with the bottom mounted PSU. I love the airflow and it keeps our computers nice and cool, hers using a Zalman HSF and mine with a Tuniq 120.

kellytm3

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
The Antec 900 is the best easily obtained case for air cooling...not to mention if you look in the right place it can be had for a great price...I dont know where you live,but if there is a CompUSA store close to you,try them.They are going out of buisness nationwide,30% markdowns.I picked up an extra 900 the other day for $85,and it was revision model 1.2,it has holes in back for optional water cooling...