ploutarchos

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
Hi.. I have 2 * western digital raptor (150Gb*2 - 10k) in raid 0 and i believe that this makes to hot...... i don't use water cooling for my hard disk... first i want to know if i can check the tempture of my hard disk with some program... Also i want to say that , i use water cooling for my cpu, and chipset.... My cooling system is from thelmatake and i want to ask you...If i try to set block on my 2 graphics card and for my 2 hard drives........ what problem i have???AND ... How i can prepared for this problems???

Note: I believe that my hard drives is to hot because, when i was trying to play grid, some times its stuck... and hard drives makes stranger noises i don't believe that the problem its my computer because my performan's is very very good!!!!! Please help me....

Thanks!!!!!

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
Water cooling a HDD??? what the hell

Speedfan for temps (google it) get some nice 120mm fans guiding some air over them if your that worried, what case?

You're way too worried. Hard drives do not need liquid cooling in any way, shape, or form.

As for fans, you should have at least a couple in your system, even if it is watercooled. You don't want the air in the case to be completely stagnant.

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
^agreed, there are other components in your case that need cooling besides the CPU and GPU... hard drives, northbridge, southbridge, capacitors mosfetts basically anything on the motherboard.

Check temps with speedfan if they are in operational range on mfgs website your good... if not than turn on some of those 120mm fans.