Windows 7 Evaluation copy

Dirty Durden

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
I am running windows 7 Evaluation copy still & I want to reformat & do a clean install ( fresh & clean) Is there way to do this with out lose my copy, I still have the ISO DVD & key code.

Dirty Durden

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
This is weird, I installed win 7 RC back in July of this year & some how windows did an update & now I have the evaluation copy. But I still have the ISO & key code can I just reinstall?

welshmousepk

Distinguished
he means he has the RC1 release that we can use until next year.

@dirty durden. im pretty sure you canr re-install at this point. ive been woindering the same thing myself, as i want to do a clean install but this close to xmas dont have the spare cash to buy the full w7 version.
i cant find a conclusive answer, but im pretty sure the key code will be inactive now that the full version is released. so it will likely fail to activite upon reinstalling.

Dirty Durden

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009

Right above task bar on the right side of my desktop it says windows 7 evaluation copy 7100. Now I know back in July I installed Win-7 RC not the Evaluation copy, this is crazy.

Also I read other guys were installing an old key code on a new build.

I tried to reinstall using the same cd & nothing happen, meaning windows booted up same as normal & I set the boot order in BIOS to boot from CDROM first. So you are telling me I will lost my copy in a few weeks & not a few months, if so that sucks big time

Dirty Durden

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009

Cool I just find a new trick by going to start, typing winver, hit enter & it will tell you what verion of windows you have & when it will expire.