cltitus

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2008
I have been a AMD guy for a while well since the P2 Came out and my friends PC is blowing my system away. I have recently got in a car accident and purchase a new computer.

CASE: Zalman GS1000
COOLING:
Radiator: CoolIt Systems Boreas 12 TEC Chiller Unit w/ MTEC Control Center Top of Case and a ThermalTake 2X120MM Rad/Fan combo
Pump: 3 Danger Den DD-CPX1
Reservoirs: 1 Dual Bay 1 External Res
Coolant: **** of silverstone
MB: EVGA 132-CK-NF79-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI
POWER: Real Power Pro 1250W
CPU: QX9770
M: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000)
HD: WD VelociRaptor 600GB - RAID0
BKHD: Seagate Barracuda ES.2 1TB
GPU: GeForce 9800 GX2 Quad-SLI
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
NIC: Bigfoot Networks Killer
MISC;
DD Video Cards cooler
Zalman Northbridge cooler
Koolmax Dual Memory Cooler
DD System Drive Cooler
ThermalTake BKHD Cooler
6X120MM Exhasut Fans 2 top 2 bottom 1 back and 1 at the psu outside the case

Coolant Flow Partner: Ext Res -> P1 -> CPU -> Mem -> NorBrg -> Rad2(2X120MM) -> P2 -> VB1 -> VB2 -> SHD -> BKHD -> Int Res -> P3 -> HUGE RAD -> Repeat

Installed windows vista ultimate 32bit because 64bit doesn't run half my **** i use daily. i must admit it was pretty fast install of 30 minutes from start to stop didnt have time to kill a 6 pack. once i finished the install i installed Steam and downloaded all my games aka long part 2 days downloading. okay okay well after a few days and my cpu staying at around 24C i wanted to see if i could double the speed i went in the bios trying to use the guide from tom and from other websites i seem to be by far the stupidest computer nerd "i really have no clue how to OC" my friends did mine in the past i tried to see what he was doing just couldnt get it. i know i have the watercooling system to the extreme cause i live in a **** area with no ace and my computer is in my wall locker due to small living quaters. i fyou didnt get it im in the government. can someone help me in a way that a 5 year old could understand. I also use this computer for my media center pc only because i sold my 61" DLP 1200W Surround Sound and Xbox with all my games and 4 controllers for a 52" LCD by SamSung for my new computer monitor. I'm in the processes of also trying to sell my computer im using now since i have no yet completed the project for my new computer im not at the point where i want to be. I run all my stuff to the max and i dont see a heart beat skipped but i just want the 5GHZ mark for my personal satisfaction.

if you can step me through it im aim is SaneInc

Paris Lee

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
hehe when nehalem come out in q3 and r700 in AUG

your system will depreciate to half of its worth now at least

just a joke

i mean that the extreme hardwares of electric are not worth to purchase
but if you hold lots of money this is not for you

blackwidow_rsa

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
Leave the extreme edition ie. Q9550, get a single gx2, switch to air cooling, fast and won't rupture your wallet. O and an intel mobo, since they oc beter

Dalyinx

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
Quad SLI sucks. Sometimes it's even worse than just one 9800GX2.

Get two 4870s for the same / less price & better performance.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
you should of come here before building your pc, we would of helped you out with a better solution.

quad sli is slower than normal SLI, or even tri-sli.
and i imagine that it would be nearly be impossible to be far enough back from a 52" screen..... plus 1 GX2 is a waste on a resolution of 1920x1080 nvrmind quad.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
get the Swiftech H20-220 compact used in Tom's sub $4k system. its the best all in one kit available. if you get quad SLI might as well get a GTX280 or a 4870CF with the famous X48 and dive into your own world with gaming!:)

TRENDING THREADS