Compatible heatsink

darkilark

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
I have an asus n53sn and I was wondering if there were any other stronger heat sinks for it. I would also like to know if upgrading the cpu from an i5 to an i7 will increase the temperature of the laptop

I really haven't heard of people replacing their laptop's heatsinks. I've heard of people changing their CPU's, though. Of course, you'll have to do a bit of research on your current CPU's TDP and such as I can imagine the i7 to kick out a bit more heat if you're going from a Dual -> Quad.

darkilark

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Thanks for the reply, I'm asking because my cpu and gpu temperatures range from 60s-70s. It can go to 80 when I'm gaming. That's why I'm afraid of upgrading to an i7 , because the temperature for my i5 is already pretty high. So you don't know of any compatible heatsinks or any other way to reduce the temperature. I don't really want to buy an external cooling device.

Well one thing you can try is blowing out the dust around the intake/exhaust using compressed air. However, those temperatures seem average for a laptop so I don't really think you should be concerned...the only time you should be concerned is if you see throttling occur...which is your CPU running lower than it's rated frequency at load.

Also to add onto upgrading, I wouldn't really suggest it since a CPU upgrade can sometimes mean a higher TDP CPU, which would mean overheating :(