Sign in with
Your question

P5K Deluxe will not Recognize SATA RAID drive

Last response: in Motherboards
February 2, 2008 2:57:50 PM

I have just completed building a new computer with an ASUS P5K Deluxe WiFi board. I fired it up and no “beeps” to tell me if the video card, or keyboard, or memory, or any if there are any hardware conflicts. So far, so good. I get the initial screen to read the memory, the CPU, the mouse and the drives, but no hard drive. I have one EIDE CD Rom player installed, so I can install windows XP Pro and one SATA Western Digital WD5000YS RE2 RAID hard drive. When I go into BIOS it recognizes the CD ROM, but not the hard drive. The only reason why I am using this RAID drive is because I got such a good deal on it, but if it will not work on my system, I will get another drive. Is there something I am doing wrong, or should I get another hard drive? If I get another hard drive, should it be EIDE or SATA?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
February 2, 2008 3:12:15 PM

Be sure to plug the hard drive in to a 'common' MB SATA header, not a 'special raid' header the MB might have. If the drive is not recognized, try another SATA cable. If you decide to use a different drive than the one you have, just buy a SATA drive and plug it in, should be fne. Your DVD being on the IDE has nothing to do with using a SATA HD or not.

Edit: You do have a SATA power cable from the PSU plus a SATA interface connector to the MB running from your SATA Hard drive?
February 2, 2008 3:25:14 PM

Okay, thanks. I will plug this HD into another SATA header and I do have the SATA power cable connected to my HD.
Related resources
February 2, 2008 3:51:22 PM

Changed HD to different header and still not recognized. In BIOS, all six SATA drives show no HD. All the SATA headers are set for EIDI, so I changed to read RAID and still not recognized. I will get another plain SATA drive.
!