Best non glossy 20 or 22 inch monitor?

I'm looking to buy a new monitor within the next month or two to replace my ageing 17" Iiyama model. I'm specifically looking for one that does not have a glossy coating, as I cannot stand the reflections on the screen of glossy monitors. Can anyone recommend some decent 20 or 22 inch screens that are not glossy?
14 answers Last reply
More about best glossy inch monitor
  1. Samsung 226BW - 22 inch - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001096

It's 320$ now on Newegg.

I bought 2 of them at Fry's Electronics in November 2007 for 300$/each with 30$ rebate/each. Glad i grabbed 2 that day because the next day there were all gone.

At 320$ right now, it's not a bargain anymore. But i can tell you, this monitor kicks ass.
  2. i got a sync master 932bw from best buy for 200 bucks its 19inch but she is a beauty
  3. Is the 226BW definitely a matte and not glossy screen? I was under the impression it was glossy from reviews I've read?
  4. Samsung 220WM
  5. Yes the 226BW doesn't have a glossy screen. I have a lamp behind me and theres no apparent glossiness at all.
  6. Ok, thanks for the advice :)
  7. im also interested in this.. so 226BW from samsung is still the "topdog" 22" WS in regards to gaming and quality? even if its nearing 1 year since release?..
  8. ginbong46 said:
    im also interested in this.. so 226BW from samsung is still the "topdog" 22" WS in regards to gaming and quality? even if its nearing 1 year since release?..

Yes... It's non-glossy, sleek and elegant design. It can swivel. Picture quality is awesome. I highly recommend it.
  9. I have the 226CW (not BW) because they only have the "S" panels (higher quality, manufactured by Samsung, less backlight bleed etc.). The 226BWs often have A or C panels. Other than that, it's the same monitor. I absolutely love mine.
  10. the 226cw? is that a normal 1600x1200 screen, as the bw is 1680x1050 widescreen? I havnt seen it here in australia
  11. its not out in australia yet, search in staticice.com.au

no company has it yet
  12. windie said:
    the 226cw? is that a normal 1600x1200 screen, as the bw is 1680x1050 widescreen? I havnt seen it here in australia

The 226CW is exactly the same as the 226BW except with a guaranteed S panel and higher color gamut. So it's 1650x1080. Best Buy sells them...
  13. its not guaranteed S, 226CW has a A panel aswell

samsung said this straight up, go buy from a small company if you dont like monitors with multiple panels =)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Graphics Product